Section 45 in The Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Publicprivate Partnership) Act, 2017
Title: Institute to be public authority under Right to Information Act
The provisions of the Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005) shall apply to each Institute, as if it were a public authority defined in clause (h) of section 2 of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
Title: Transitional provisions
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act—
(1) (a) the Board of every Institute functioning as such immediately before the commencement of this Act shall continue to function until a new Board is constituted for that Institute under this Act, but on the constitution of a new Board under this Act, the members of the Board holding office before such commencement of this Act shall cease to hold office;
(b) every Senate constituted in relation to every Institute before the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to be the Senate constituted under this Act until a Senate is constituted under this Act for that Institute, but on the constitution of the new Senate under this Act, the members of the Senate holding office before the commencement of this Act shall cease to hold office;
(c) rules, bye-laws and Ordinances of each existing Institute as in force, immediately, before the commencement of this Act, shall continue to apply in the corresponding institute in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, until the first Statutes and Ordinances are made under this Act;
(d) in case there are no such rules, bye-laws or Ordinances, the Statutes, Ordinances, rules and regulations of one of the existing centrally funded Indian Institutes of Information Technology as adopted by the Board of the concerned Institute, shall apply to the Institute in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of the Act until the first Statutes and the Ordinances are made under this Act.
(2) The Central Government may, without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), if it considers necessary and expedient to do so, by notification, take such measures which may be necessary for the transfer of the existing Institute to the corresponding Institute mentioned under column (5) of the Schedule.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions or give such directions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appears to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made under this section after the expiry of the period of three years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Laying to rules, Statutes, Ordinances and notification
Every rule, Statute, Ordinance made, and every notification issued, by the Central Government under this Act, shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made or issued, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule, Statute, Ordinance or notification or both Houses agree that the rule, Statute, Ordinance or notification should not be made or issued, the rule, Statute, Ordinance or notification shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule, Statute, Ordinance or notification.
Title: Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Mental Healthcare Act, 2017.
(2) It shall extend to the whole of India.
(3) It shall come into force on such-date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint; or on the date of completion of the period of nine months from the date on which the Mental Healthcare Act, 2017 receives the assent of the President
1. 29th May, 2018, vide Notification No. S.O. 2173(E), dated 29th May 2018, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).