Section 43 in The Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Publicprivate Partnership) Act, 2017
Title: Returns and information to be provided to Central Government or State Government
(1) The Institute shall furnish to the Central Government such returns or other information with respect to its policies or activities as the Central Government may, for the purpose of reporting to Parliament or for the making of policy, from time to time require.
(2) The Institute, shall furnish to the State Government in which such Institute is located, such returns or other information with respect to its policies or activities as that Government may, for the purpose of reporting to the concerned State Legislature or for the making of policy, from time to time require.
Title: Power of Central Government to issue directions
The Institute shall carry out such directions as may be issued to it from time to time by the Central Government for the efficient administration of this Act.
Title: Institute to be public authority under Right to Information Act
The provisions of the Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005) shall apply to each Institute, as if it were a public authority defined in clause (h) of section 2 of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
Title: Transitional provisions
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act—
(1) (a) the Board of every Institute functioning as such immediately before the commencement of this Act shall continue to function until a new Board is constituted for that Institute under this Act, but on the constitution of a new Board under this Act, the members of the Board holding office before such commencement of this Act shall cease to hold office;
(b) every Senate constituted in relation to every Institute before the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to be the Senate constituted under this Act until a Senate is constituted under this Act for that Institute, but on the constitution of the new Senate under this Act, the members of the Senate holding office before the commencement of this Act shall cease to hold office;
(c) rules, bye-laws and Ordinances of each existing Institute as in force, immediately, before the commencement of this Act, shall continue to apply in the corresponding institute in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, until the first Statutes and Ordinances are made under this Act;
(d) in case there are no such rules, bye-laws or Ordinances, the Statutes, Ordinances, rules and regulations of one of the existing centrally funded Indian Institutes of Information Technology as adopted by the Board of the concerned Institute, shall apply to the Institute in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of the Act until the first Statutes and the Ordinances are made under this Act.
(2) The Central Government may, without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), if it considers necessary and expedient to do so, by notification, take such measures which may be necessary for the transfer of the existing Institute to the corresponding Institute mentioned under column (5) of the Schedule.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions or give such directions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appears to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made under this section after the expiry of the period of three years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.