Section 40 in The Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Publicprivate Partnership) Act 2017
Title: Functions and duties of Co ordination Forum
(1) The Co-ordination Forum shall facilitate the sharing of experience, ideas and concerns with a view to enhancing the performance of all the Institutes.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), the Co-ordination Forum shall perform the following functions, namely:—
(a) advise the Central Government to include a new institution or exclude an existing institution from the Schedule;
(b) deliberate on such matters of common interest to Institutes as may be referred to it by any Institute;
(c) promote necessary co-ordination and co-operation in the working of the Institutes;
(d) recommend to the Central Government, the institution of scholarships including for research and for the benefit of students belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and other socially and educationally backward classes of citizens; and
(e) perform such other functions as may be referred to it by the Central Government or any State Government:
Provided that nothing in this section shall derogate the powers and functions vested by law in the Board or Senate or other authorities of each Institute.
(3) The Chairperson of the Co-ordination Forum shall ordinarily preside at the meetings of the Co-ordination Forum and in the absence, the Secretary to the Government of India, in-charge of the Department of the Central Government having administrative control of technical education, shall preside at the meeting.
(4) The Co-ordination Forum shall meet at least once in every year, or as and when deemed necessary by the Chairperson of the Co-ordination Forum, and follow such procedure in its meetings, as may be prescribed.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, after previous publication, by notification make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) the form and manner in which the State Government shall submit proposal to the Central Government under sub-section (2) of section 11;
(b) the investment proposal of capital in establishment of the Institute and the respective shares under sub-section (7) of section 11;
(c) the travelling and other allowances payable to members of the Co-ordination Forum under sub-section (4) of section 39;
(d) the procedure to be followed in the meetings of the Co-ordination Forum under sub-section (4) of section 40.
Title: Acts and proceedings not to be invalidated by vacancies etc
No act of the Co-ordination Forum, or any Institute or Board or Senate or any other body set up under this Act or the Statutes, shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy or defect in the constitution thereof; or
(b) any irregularity in its procedure not affecting the merits of the case; or
(c) any defect in the selection, nomination or appointment of a person acting as a member thereof.
Title: Returns and information to be provided to Central Government or State Government
(1) The Institute shall furnish to the Central Government such returns or other information with respect to its policies or activities as the Central Government may, for the purpose of reporting to Parliament or for the making of policy, from time to time require.
(2) The Institute, shall furnish to the State Government in which such Institute is located, such returns or other information with respect to its policies or activities as that Government may, for the purpose of reporting to the concerned State Legislature or for the making of policy, from time to time require.
Title: Power of Central Government to issue directions
The Institute shall carry out such directions as may be issued to it from time to time by the Central Government for the efficient administration of this Act.