Section 34 in The Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Publicprivate Partnership) Act, 2017
Title: Ordinances how to be made
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, Ordinances shall be made by the Senate.
(2) All Ordinances made by the Senate shall have effect from such date as it may direct, but every Ordinance so made shall be submitted, as soon as may be, to the Board and shall be considered by the Board at its next meeting.
(3) The Board shall have power by resolution to modify or cancel any such Ordinance and such Ordinance shall from the date of such resolution stand modified accordingly or cancelled, as the case may be.
Title: Tribunal of Arbitration
(1) (a) Any dispute arising out of a contract between an Institute and any of its employees shall, at the request of the employee concerned or at the instance of the Institute, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration consisting of one member appointed by the Institute, one member nominated by the employee, and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(b) The decision of the Tribunal shall be final and shall not be questioned in any court.
(c) No suit or proceeding shall lie in any court in respect of any matter, which is required by sub-section (1) to be referred to the Tribunal of Arbitration.
(d) The Tribunal of Arbitration shall have power to regulate its own procedure:
Provided that the Tribunal shall have regard to the principles of natural justice while making such procedure.
(e) Nothing in any law for the time being in force relating to arbitration shall apply to arbitrations under this section.
(2) Any student or candidate for an examination whose name has been removed from the rolls of the Institute by the orders or resolution of the Director of the Institute and who has been debarred from appearing at the examinations of the Institute for more than one year, may within ten days of the date of receipt of such resolution by him, appeal to the Board who may confirm, modify or reverse the decision of the Director.
(3) Any dispute arising out of any disciplinary action taken by the Institute against a student shall, at the request of such student, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration and the provisions of sub-section (1) shall, as far as may be, apply to a reference made under this sub-section.
(4) Every employee or student of the Institute, notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, have a right to appeal within such time as may be laid down by the Statutes, to the Board of Governors against the decision of any officer or authority of the Institute, as the case may be, and thereupon the Board may confirm, modify or reverse the decision appealed against.
Title: Annual report of Director
(1) There shall be attached to every statement of accounts laid before the Board of each Institute, a report by its Director, with respect to—
(a) the state of affairs of such Institute;
(b) the amount, if any, which it proposes to carry forward to any surplus reserves in its balance sheet;
(c) the extent to which understatement or overstatement of any surplus of income over expenditure or any shortfall of expenditure over income has been indicated in the auditor's report and the reasons for such understatement or overstatement;
(d) the productivity of research projects undertaken by the Institute measured in accordance with such norms as may be specified by any statutory regulatory authority;
(e) appointments of the officers and teachers of the Institute;
(f) benchmark and internal standards set by the Institute, including the nature of innovations in teaching, research and application of knowledge.
(2) The Director shall also be bound to give the complete information and explanation in its report on every reservation, qualification or adverse remark contained in the auditors' report.
Title: Annual report of each Institute
(1) The annual report of each Institute shall be prepared under the direction of the Board, which shall include, among other matters, the steps taken by the Institute towards the fulfilment of its objects and an outcome based assessment of the research being undertaken in such Institute, and be submitted to the Board on or before such date as may be specified and the Board shall consider the report in its annual meeting.
(2) The annual report as approved by the Board shall be published and placed on the website of the Institute.
(3) The Board shall prepare and release for every year a report, in English and in Hindi, the working of the Institute in the previous year on or before the expiry of nine months from the close of financial year, and a copy of the same, together with an audited statement of accounts showing the income and expenditure for the previous year shall be submitted to the Central Government and the concerned State Government within that stipulated time, and the same may be caused to be laid before each House of Parliament and the concerned State Legislature.
Title: Co-ordination Forum
(1) In order that there may be better co-ordination among the Institutes, the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, establish, with effect from such date as may be specified in the notification, a central body to be called the Co-ordination Forum for all the Institutes specified in column (5) of the Schedule.
(2) The Co-ordination Forum shall consist of the following members, namely:—
(i) the Minister in-charge of the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of technical education, ex officio, as Chairperson;
(ii) Secretary to the Government of India, in-charge of the Department of the Central Government having administrative control of technical education, ex officio;
(iii) four Secretaries in-charge of department looking after Indian Institutes of Information Technology of State Governments in which the Institutes are located, to be nominated by the Chairperson of the Co-ordination Forum, by rotation for two years, ex officio;
(iv) four Chairpersons of the Institutes, to be nominated by the Chairperson of the Co-ordination Forum, by rotation for two years;
(v) the Directors of each of the Institutes, ex officio;
(vi) four industry partners, to be nominated by the Chairperson of the Co-ordination Forum, not more than one from any Institute, by rotation every two years;
(vii) three persons of eminence, of which at least one shall be a woman, in academia, industry or public service, to be nominated by the Co-ordination Forum; and
(viii) one representative of All India Council of Technical Education:
Provided that while nominating under clauses (iii), (iv) and (vi), care shall be taken to ensure representation of as many Institutes as possible by selecting Secretaries of State Governments, Chairpersons of the Institutes, and representatives of industry partners from the Board of different Institutes to the extent possible.
(3) An officer of the Department of Higher Education, Government of India, not below the rank of Joint Secretary, concerned with technical education, ex officio, to act as the Member-Secretary of the Co-ordination Forum.
(4) The Co-ordination Forum may, at its discretion, constitute a Standing Committee of the Indian Institute of Information Technology Co-ordination Forum (Public-private Partnership) to assist the Co-ordination Forum in discharge of its duties and responsibilities.
(5) The expenditure on the Co-ordination Forum shall be met by the resources pooled by all the Institutes governed by this Act.