Section 30 in The Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Publicprivate Partnership) Act, 2017
All appointments of the staff of every Institute, except that of the Director, shall be made in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Statutes
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) the formation of departments of teaching;
(b) the institution of fellowships, scholarships, exhibitions, medals and prizes;
(c) the terms of office and the method of appointment of officers of the Institute;
(d) the qualifications of teachers of the Institute;
(e) the classification, method of appointment and the determination of the terms and conditions of service of teachers and other staff of the Institute;
(f) the constitution of pension, insurance and provident funds for the benefit of the officers, teachers and other staff of the Institute as per the provisions existing from time to time;
(g) the constitution, powers and duties of the authorities of the Institute;
(h) the establishment and maintenance of halls and hostels;
(i) the conditions of residence of students of the Institute and the levying of fees for residence in the halls and hostels and of other charges;
(j) the allowances to be paid to the Chairperson and members of the Board;
(k) the authentication of the orders and decisions of the Board;
(l) the meetings of the Board, the Senate, or any committee, the quorum at such meetings and the procedure to be followed in the conduct of their business; and
(m) any other matter as may be considered necessary for the efficient functioning of the Institute.
Title: Statutes how to be made
(1) The first Statute of each Institute shall be framed by the Board with the prior approval of the Visitor.
(2) The Board may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes.
Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the Ordinances of every Institute may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) the admission of the students to the Institute;
(b) the courses of study to be laid down for all degrees and diplomas of the Institute;
(c) the conditions under which students shall be admitted to the degree or diploma courses and to the examinations of the Institute, and shall be eligible for degrees and diplomas;
(d) the conditions of award of the fellowships, scholarships, exhibitions, medals and prizes;
(e) the conditions and mode of appointment and duties of examining bodies, examiners and moderators;
(f) the conduct of examinations;
(g) the maintenance of discipline among the students of the Institute; and
(h) any other matter which by this Act or the Statutes is to be or may be provided for by the Ordinances.
Title: Ordinances how to be made
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, Ordinances shall be made by the Senate.
(2) All Ordinances made by the Senate shall have effect from such date as it may direct, but every Ordinance so made shall be submitted, as soon as may be, to the Board and shall be considered by the Board at its next meeting.
(3) The Board shall have power by resolution to modify or cancel any such Ordinance and such Ordinance shall from the date of such resolution stand modified accordingly or cancelled, as the case may be.