Section 20 in The Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Publicprivate Partnership) Act 2017
Title: Finance Committee
(1) The Finance Committee of each Institute shall consist of the following persons, namely:—
(a) the Chairperson of the Board shall be the ex officio Chairperson of the Committee;
(b) one representative of the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education handling the matters relating to finance, ex officio;
(c) one representative of the State Government in which the Institute is located, ex officio;
(d) one representative of the industry partners chosen from amongst themselves;
(e) the Director, ex officio; and
(f) the officer in-charge of finance and accounts of the Institute, ex officio Secretary.
(2) The members of the Finance Committee other than ex officio members shall hold office for a term of three years.
Title: Powers and functions of Finance Committee
The Finance Committee shall examine the accounts, scrutinise proposals for expenditure and financial estimates of the Institute and thereafter submit it to the Board together with its comments for approval.
(1) The Chairperson shall ordinarily preside over the meetings of the Board, Finance Committee and at the convocations of the Institute.
(2) It shall be the duty of the Chairperson to ensure that the decisions taken by the Board are implemented.
(3) The Chairperson shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes.
(1) The Director shall be the principal executive officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for implementation of the decisions of the Board and Senate and for day-to-day administration of the Institute.
(2) The Director shall be appointed by the Visitor, on such terms and conditions of service as may be laid down by the Statutes.
(3) The Director shall be appointed out of the panel of names recommended by a search-cumselection committee consisting of—
(a) Chairperson of the Board, who shall be the Chairperson of the search-cum-selection committee;
(b) two members, nominated by the Board, from amongst eminent administrators, industrialists, educationists, scientists, technocrats and management specialists;
(c) nominee of the State Government in which the Institute is located;
(d) nominee of one of the industry partners by rotation;
(e) head of the Bureau, Ministry of Human Resource Development dealing with Indian Institutes of Information Technology—Member Secretary, ex officio;
(4) The Director shall exercise the powers and perform the duties as may be assigned under this Act or the Statutes or Ordinances, or as may be delegated by the Board.
(5) The Director shall, except on account of resignation or removal, hold office for a period of five years from the date of assumption of charge as Director.
(6) The Director may, by writing under his hand addressed to the Chairperson, resign his office.
(7) The Visitor may remove from office the Director, who—
(a) has been adjudged as insolvent; or
(b) has been convicted of an offence which, in the opinion of the Visitor, involves moral turpitude; or
(c) has become physically or mentally incapable of acting as a Director; or
(d) has acquired such financial or other interest as is likely to affect prejudicially the functions as a Director; or
(e) has so abused the position or so conducted as to render the continuance in office prejudicial to the public interest:
Provided that the Director shall not be removed from office except by an order made by the Visitor, after an enquiry instituted by the Board, in which the Director has been informed of the charges and given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in respect of those charges.
(8) The Board shall initiate the process of appointment in respect of any vacancy due to arise for the post of Director on completion of tenure before a period of six months from the date of arising of such vacancy and that the process of appointment shall be completed before such vacancy arises.
(9) Where the post of Director falls vacant on account of any reason other than completion of tenure, the process of appointment shall be initiated by the Board within one month of such vacancy and process shall be completed as early as possible.
(1) The Registrar of every Institute shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes.
(2) The Registrar shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be assigned to him by the Statutes or by the Director.
(3) The Registrar shall be responsible to the Director for the proper discharge of his functions.