Section 12 in The Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Publicprivate Partnership) Act 2017
(1) The President of India shall be the Visitor of every Institute.
(2) The Visitor may appoint one or more persons to review the work and progress of any Institute and to hold inquiries into the affairs thereof and to report thereon in such manner as the Visitor may direct.
(3) Upon receipt of any such report, the Visitor may take such action and issue such directions as he considers necessary in respect of any of the matters dealt within the report and the Institute shall be bound to comply with such directions within a reasonable time.
Title: Authorities of Institute
The following shall be the authorities of an Institute, namely:—
(b) Board of Governors;
(d) Finance Committee;
(e) such other authorities or posts as may be declared by the Statutes to be the authorities of the Institute.
Title: Board of Governors
(1) The Board of Governors of each Institute shall be the principal policy making and executive body of the Institute.
(2) The Board shall consist of the following members, namely:—
(a) Chairperson, an eminent technologist or industrialist or educationist to be nominated by the Visitor on the recommendation of the Central Government;
(b) one nominee each of the Central Government and the concerned State Government;
(c) three eminent persons, of which at least one shall be a woman, appointed by the Board out of industry, research laboratories, and civil society, one from each category;
(d) two eminent academicians appointed by the Board;
(e) one nominee representing each of the industry partners:
Provided that if there are more than two industry partners then the number of representatives of industry partners at any time would be limited to two, chosen amongst themselves by rotation every two years;
(f) Director of an Indian Institute of Technology or a National Institute of Technology located in the region, to be nominated by the Board;
(g) two members from the faculty of the Institute, preferably one Professor and one Associate/Assistant Professor, to be nominated by the Senate;
(h) one person from the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes distinguished in the field of education or industry or social service or public service, to be nominated by the Board, in case any of the above do not belong to the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes; and
(i) Director of the Institute, ex officio.
(3) Registrar of the concerned Institute shall be the ex officio non-member Secretary of the Board.
(4) The First Board of Governors shall be notified by the Central Government by obtaining nominations under sub-section (2), other than the members referred to in clauses (c), (d), (f) and (h), which shall be decided in the first meeting of the Board of Governors.
Title: Term of office of vacancies among and allowances payable to members of Board
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of the Chairperson or any other member of the Board, other than an ex officio member, shall be for a period of three years from the date of nomination.
(2) The term of office of an ex officio member shall continue so long as the member holds the office by virtue of which he is a member.
(3) A member of the Board, other than an ex officio member, who fails to attend three consecutive meetings of the Board without the leave of absence, shall cease to be a member of the Board.
(4) One-third of the members of the Board shall form a quorum of the Board, provided at least three members are from members referred to in clauses other than clauses (e), (g) and (i) of sub-section (2) of section 14.
(5) The members of the Board shall be entitled to such allowances, as may be laid down in Statutes, for attending meetings of the Board or as may be convened by the Institute.
Title: Resignation of Chairperson
(1) The Chairperson may, by writing under his hand addressed to the Visitor, resign his office.
(2) Any member of the Board, except ex officio members, may, by writing under his hand addressed to the Chairperson, resign his office.