Section 30 in The Indian Institute of Management Act 2017
Title: Functions of Coordination Forum
(1) The Coordination Forum shall facilitate the sharing of experiences, ideas and concerns with a view to enhancing the performance of all Institutes.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), the Coordination Forum shall perform the following functions, namely:—
(a) recommend to the Central Government, the institution of scholarships including for research and for the benefit of students belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and other socially and educationally backward classes of citizens;
(b) deliberate on such matters of common interest to Institutes as may be referred to it by any Institute;
(c) promote necessary coordination and co-operation in the working of the Institutes;
(d) review the achievement of policy objectives; and
(e) perform such other functions as may be referred to it by the Central Government.
(3) The Coordination Forum may constitute such committees as it may consider necessary for carrying out its functions under this section.
(4) The Chairperson of the Coordination Forum shall ordinarily preside at the meetings of the Coordination Forum and in his absence, any other member chosen by the members present amongst themselves at the meeting, shall preside at the meeting.
(5) The Coordination Forum shall submit a report on its functions under sub-section (2) to the Central Government.
(6) The Coordination Forum shall meet at least once in a calendar year.
(7) At each meeting of the Coordination Forum, the host institute, which would host the next meeting, shall be selected:
Provided that no Institute shall host the meeting for more than two consecutive years.
Title: Acts and proceedings not to be invalidated by vacancies etc
No act of any Institute or the Board or the Academic Council or any other body set-up under this Act or the regulations, shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy or defect in the constitution thereof; or
(b) any irregularity in its procedure not affecting the merits of the case; or
(c) any defect in the selection, nomination or appointment of a person acting as a member thereof.
Title: Return and information to be provided to Central Government
Every Institute shall furnish to the Central Government such returns or other information with respect to its policies or activities as the Central Government may, for the purpose of reporting to the Parliament or for the making of policy, from time to time, require.
Title: Institute to be public authority under Right to Information Act
(1) The provisions of the Right to Information Act, 2005 (22 of 2005) shall apply to each Institute, including Institutes established in publicprivate partnership, as if it were a public authority established by notification issued or order made under clause (h) of section 2 of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
(2) A copy of every notification proposed to be issued or order to be made under the Act referred to in sub-section (1), shall be laid in draft before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in disapproving the issue of the notification or order or both Houses agree in making any modification in the notification or order, the notification or order shall not be issued or made, as the case may be, shall be issued or made only in such modified form as may be agreed upon by both the Houses.
Title: Power of Central Government to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, make rules, for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) such other powers and duties of the Board under clause (w) of sub-section (2) of section 11;
(b) the term and conditions of service of the Director under sub-section (2) of section 16;
(c) the travelling and such other allowances payable to the members of the Coordination Forum for attending its meetings or its Committees under sub-section (4) of section 29;
(d) any other matter which is to be or may be, prescribed or in respect of which provision is to be made by the Central Government by rules.