Section 25 in The Indian Institute of Management Act, 2017
Title: Appointment of auditors
(1) The Board of every Institute shall, prior to the end of every financial year, and without prejudice to the provisions contained in the Comptroller and Auditor-General's (Duties, Powers and Conditions of Service) Act, 1971 (56 of 1971) or any other law for the time being in force containing provisions for audit of accounts by the Institutes, appoint such auditors including the internal auditor, on such remuneration as it thinks appropriate, to scrutinise the balance sheet and the statement of income and expenditure of such Institute:
Provided that the Board shall change the auditors after every four years.
(2) The Board of every Institute shall constitute an Audit Committee to provide an expert advice on effectiveness of internal control system, risk management and audit report to the Board.
(3) The auditor appointed under sub-section (1) or any person employed by him shall not have any direct or indirect interest, whether pecuniary or otherwise, in any matter concerning or related to the administration or functions of the Institute.
Title: Annual report of Director
(1) There shall be attached to every statement of accounts laid before the Board of each Institute under section 27, a report, by its Director, with respect to—
(a) the state of affairs of such Institute;
(b) the amounts, if any, which it proposes to carry to any surplus reserves in its balance sheet;
(c) the extent to which understatement or overstatement of any surplus of income over expenditure or any shortfall of expenditure over income has been indicated in the auditor's report and the reasons for such understatement or overstatement;
(d) the productivity of research projects undertaken by the Institute measured in accordance with such norms as may be specified by the Board;
(e) appointments of the officers and faculty members of the Institute;
(f) performance indicators and internal standards set by the Institute, including the nature of innovations in teaching, research and application of knowledge.
(2) The report of the Director shall also include a statement showing the names of the five officers including faculty members and other employees of the Institute who received the highest remuneration (including allowances and other payments made to such employees) during the financial year and the contributions made by such employee during the financial year.
(3) The statement referred to in sub-section (2) shall indicate whether any such employee is a relative of any member of the Board or Academic Council of the Institute and if so, the name of such member; and such other particulars as may be determined by the Board.
(4) The Director shall also be bound to give the complete information and explanations in the report referred to in sub-section (1) on every reservation, qualification or adverse remark contained in the auditors' report.
Title: Board to consider statement of accounts
(1) The statement of accounts, including the balance sheet and the statement of income and expenditure, the auditor's report, the report of the Director and other documents required to be annexed or attached with such statement, shall be brought before the Board of concerned Institute in its meeting not later than three months, from the conclusion of the financial year.
(2) A copy of every statement of accounts referred to in sub-section (1) shall be sent to every member of the Board not less than twenty-one days before the date of the meeting.
(3) The statement of accounts referred to in sub-section (1) shall on its approval by the Board, be published on the website of the Institute.
Title: Annual report of Institute
(1) The annual report of every Institute shall be prepared under the directions of the Board, which shall include, among other matters, steps taken by the Institute towards the fulfilment of its objects and an outcome based assessment of the research being undertaken in such Institute.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this sub-section, the expression "outcome based assessment of research" shall mean an elaboration and analysis of the research conducted and the qualitative and quantitative outcomes of such research along with its impact factor and social outcomes.
(2) The annual report prepared under sub-section (1) shall be submitted to the Board on or before such date as may be specified by the Board who shall consider the report in its meeting.
(3) The annual report on its approval by the Board shall be published on the website of the Institute.
(4) The annual report of each Institute shall be submitted to the Central Government who shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Establishment of Coordination Forum
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification, specify in this behalf, there shall be established a Coordination Forum for all the Institutes.
(2) The Coordination Forum shall consist of the following members, namely:—
(a) an eminent person to be selected by a Search-cum-Selection Committee as may be constituted by the Coordination Forum, as chairperson:
Provided that the Coordination Forum may select one of its members to act as the chairperson till the chairperson is appointed;
(b) the Secretary to the Government of India, in charge of the Ministry or Department of the Central Government having administrative control of management education, member—ex officio;
(c) two Secretaries in charge of management education of State Governments in which the Institutes are located, by rotation, each year, member—ex officio;
(d) four Chairpersons of Institutes, to be nominated by the Chairperson of the Coordination Forum, by rotation for two years;
(e) the Director of each Institute, member—ex officio;
(f) five persons of eminence, of which at least one shall be a woman, in academia or public service, to be selected by a sub-committee constituted by the Coordination Forum.
(3) The term of office of a member referred to in clause (f) of sub-section (2) shall be three years from the date of his nomination.
(4) The non-official members of the Coordination Forum shall be entitled to such travelling and other allowances, as may be prescribed.
(5) The Director of the host Institute where the meeting of the Coordination Forum takes place shall be the Member Secretary of the Coordination Forum and shall continue to be the Member-Secretary till a new host Institute is selected.