Section 20 in The Indian Institute of Management Act 2017
Title: Committees and other authorities
(1) The Board may, constitute such committees and other authorities of the Institute and specify the duties and functions of each such committees and authorities by regulations.
(2) The Board may constitute such ad hoc committees as it may deem fit, for proper management of affairs of the Institute.
Title: Grants by Central Government
For the purpose of enabling the Institutes to discharge their functions efficiently under this Act, the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to every Institute such sums of money in such manner as it may think fit.
Title: Fund of Institute
(1) Every Institute shall maintain a Fund to which shall be credited—
(a) all moneys provided by the Central Government;
(b) all fees and other charges received by the Institute;
(c) all moneys received by the Institute by way of grants, gifts, donations, benefactions, bequests or transfers;
(d) all moneys received by the Institute from utilisation of intellectual property arising from research conducted or rendering advisory or consultancy services by it; and
(e) all moneys received by the Institute in any other manner or from any other source.
(2) All moneys credited to the Fund of every Institute shall be deposited in such banks or invested in such manner as may be laid down by the Board by regulations.
(3) Each Institute shall create a corpus fund for long term sustainability of the Institute, to which shall be credited such per cent. of the net income of the Institute and donations made specifically towards such corpus fund as the Central Government may in accordance with the provisions of the Income tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), notify:
Provided that the Board may also create endowment funds for specific purposes to which donations may be specifically made.
(4) The fund of any Institute shall be applied in such manner and for such purposes as may be specified by the regulations.
Title: Accounts and audit
(1) Every Institute shall maintain proper accounts including income and expenditure statements, internal audit report and statement audited by internal auditor specifying investments and other relevant records and prepare annual statement of accounts including the balance sheet in such form and as per such accounting standard as may be specified by notification by the Central Government in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) Where the statement of income and expenditure and the balance sheet of the Institute do not comply with the accounting standards, the Institute shall disclose in its statement of income and expenditure and balance sheet, the following, namely:—
(a) the deviation from the accounting standards;
(b) the reasons for such deviation; and
(c) the financial effect, if any, arising out of such deviation.
(3) The accounts of every Institute shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any expenditure incurred by audit team in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Institute to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(4) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Institute shall have the same rights, privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India has in connection with the audit of the Government accounts and, in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect the offices of the Institute.
(5) The accounts of every Institute as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament in accordance with such procedure as may be laid down by the Central Government.
Title: Books of account to be maintained by Institute
Every Institute shall keep proper updated books of account with respect to—
(a) all sums of money received and expended by it and the matters in respect of which receipt and expenditure takes place;
(b) the assets and liabilities of the Institute;
(c) the properties, movable and immovable of the Institute.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this section, if books of account give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the Institute and its transactions, it shall be deemed as proper books of account with respect to the matters specified therein.