Section 50 in The Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Prevention and Control) Act, 2017
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as may appear to be necessary for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of the period of two years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Indian Institutes of Management Act, 2017.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint, and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
Title: Declaration of certain institutions as institutions of national importance
Whereas the objects of the Institutes mentioned in the Schedule are such as to make them institutions of national importance, it is hereby declared that each such Institute is an institution of national importance
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) “Academic Council” means the Academic Council referred to in section 14;
(b) “Board”, in relation to any Institute, means the Board of Governors referred to in sub-section (1) of section 10;
(c) "Chairperson" means the Chairperson of the Board of Governors of the Institutes appointed under clause (a) of sub-section (2) of section 10;
(d) "Coordination Forum" means the Coordination Forum established under section 29;
(e) "corresponding Institute", in relation to an Institute mentioned in column (3) of the Schedule, means an Institute as specified against the said Institute in column (5);
(f) "Director", means the Director of the Institute appointed under sub-section (2) of section 16;
(g) "existing Institute" means any Institute mentioned in column (3) of the Schedule;
(h) "Institute" means any Institute mentioned in column (5) of the Schedule;
(i) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette and the expression "notify" with its cognate meanings and grammatical variation shall be construed accordingly;
(j) "Ordinances" means Ordinances made by the Academic Council under this Act;
(k) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(l) "regulations" means regulations made by the Board;
(m) "Schedule" means the Schedule annexed to this Act;
(n) "society" means any of the societies registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860) or the Mysore Societies' Registration Act, 1960 (17 of 1960) or the Madhya Pradesh Societies Registration Act, 1973 (44 of 1973) or the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act, 1975 (27 of 1975) or the Jammu and Kashmir Societies Registration Act, 1998 (VI of 1998) mentioned in column (3) of the Schedule.
Title: Incorporation of Institutes
(1) On and from the commencement of this Act, every existing Institute shall be a body corporate by the same name as mentioned in column (5) of the Schedule.
(2) Every Institute referred to in column (5) of the Schedule shall have perpetual succession and a common seal, with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.