Section 49 in The Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Prevention and Control) Act 2017
Title: Power of State Government to make rules and laying thereof
(1) The State Government may, by notification, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) measures to provide diagnostic facilities relating to HIV or AIDS, Antiretroviral Therapy and Opportunistic Infection Management to people living with HIV or AIDS and for the prevention of spread of HIV or AIDS in accordance with the guidelines under section 14;
(b) qualification and experience for the appointment of a person as an Ombudsman under clause (a) or rank of officer of the State Government to be designated as Ombudsman under clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 23;
(c) terms and conditions of services of Ombudsman under sub-section (2) of section 23;
(d) manner of inquiring into complaints by the Ombudsman under sub-section (1) and maintaining of records by him under sub-section (3) of section 24;
(e) manner of making the complaints to the Ombudsman under section 25; and
(f) manner of recording pseudonym in legal proceedings under clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 34.
(3) Every rule made by the State Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be, after it is made before the Legislature of that State.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as may appear to be necessary for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of the period of two years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Indian Institutes of Management Act, 2017.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint, and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.
Title: Declaration of certain institutions as institutions of national importance
Whereas the objects of the Institutes mentioned in the Schedule are such as to make them institutions of national importance, it is hereby declared that each such Institute is an institution of national importance
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,—
(a) “Academic Council” means the Academic Council referred to in section 14;
(b) “Board”, in relation to any Institute, means the Board of Governors referred to in sub-section (1) of section 10;
(c) "Chairperson" means the Chairperson of the Board of Governors of the Institutes appointed under clause (a) of sub-section (2) of section 10;
(d) "Coordination Forum" means the Coordination Forum established under section 29;
(e) "corresponding Institute", in relation to an Institute mentioned in column (3) of the Schedule, means an Institute as specified against the said Institute in column (5);
(f) "Director", means the Director of the Institute appointed under sub-section (2) of section 16;
(g) "existing Institute" means any Institute mentioned in column (3) of the Schedule;
(h) "Institute" means any Institute mentioned in column (5) of the Schedule;
(i) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette and the expression "notify" with its cognate meanings and grammatical variation shall be construed accordingly;
(j) "Ordinances" means Ordinances made by the Academic Council under this Act;
(k) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(l) "regulations" means regulations made by the Board;
(m) "Schedule" means the Schedule annexed to this Act;
(n) "society" means any of the societies registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860) or the Mysore Societies' Registration Act, 1960 (17 of 1960) or the Madhya Pradesh Societies Registration Act, 1973 (44 of 1973) or the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act, 1975 (27 of 1975) or the Jammu and Kashmir Societies Registration Act, 1998 (VI of 1998) mentioned in column (3) of the Schedule.