Section 47 in The Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Prevention and Control) Act, 2017
Title: Power of Central Government to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing provision, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) manner of notifying model HIV or AIDS policy for the establishments under section 12;
(b) any other matter which may be or ought to be prescribed by the Central Government.
Title: Laying of rules before both Houses of Parliament
Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive session aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
Title: Power of State Government to make rules and laying thereof
(1) The State Government may, by notification, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) measures to provide diagnostic facilities relating to HIV or AIDS, Antiretroviral Therapy and Opportunistic Infection Management to people living with HIV or AIDS and for the prevention of spread of HIV or AIDS in accordance with the guidelines under section 14;
(b) qualification and experience for the appointment of a person as an Ombudsman under clause (a) or rank of officer of the State Government to be designated as Ombudsman under clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 23;
(c) terms and conditions of services of Ombudsman under sub-section (2) of section 23;
(d) manner of inquiring into complaints by the Ombudsman under sub-section (1) and maintaining of records by him under sub-section (3) of section 24;
(e) manner of making the complaints to the Ombudsman under section 25; and
(f) manner of recording pseudonym in legal proceedings under clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 34.
(3) Every rule made by the State Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be, after it is made before the Legislature of that State.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as may appear to be necessary for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of the period of two years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Indian Institutes of Management Act, 2017.
(2) It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint, and different dates may be appointed for different provisions of this Act.