Section 17 in The Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Prevention and Control) Act 2017
Title: Promotion of HIV and AIDS related information education and communication programmes
The Central Government and the State Government shall formulate HIV and AIDS related information, education and communication programmes which are age-appropriate, gender-sensitive, non-stigmatising and non-discriminatory.
Title: Women and children infected with HIV or AIDS
(1) The Central Government shall lay down guidelines for care, support and treatment of children infected with HIV or AIDS.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the provisions of sub-section (1) and notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the Central Government, or the State Government as the case may be, shall take measures to counsel and provide information regarding the outcome of pregnancy and HIV-related treatment to the HIV infected women.
(3) No HIV positive woman, who is pregnant, shall be subjected to sterilisation or abortion without obtaining her informed consent.
Title: Obligation of establishments to provide safe working environment
Every establishment, engaged in the healthcare services and every such other establishment where there is a significant risk of occupational exposure to HIV, shall, for the purpose of ensuring safe working environment,—
(i) provide, in accordance with the guidelines,—
(a) Universal Precautions to all persons working in such establishment who may be occupationally exposed to HIV; and
(b) training for the use of such Universal Precautions;
(c) Post Exposure Prophylaxis to all persons working in such establishment who may be occupationally exposed to HIV or AIDS; and
(ii) inform and educate all persons working in the establishment of the availability of Universal Precautions and Post Exposure Prophylaxis.
Title: General responsibility of establishments
(1) The provisions of this Chapter shall be applicable to all establishments consisting of one hundred or more persons, whether as an employee or officer or member or director or trustee or manager, as the case may be:
Provided that in the case of healthcare establishments, the provisions of this sub-section shall have the effect as if for the words "one hundred or more", the words "twenty or more" had been substituted.
(2) Every person, who is in charge of an establishment, referred to in sub-section (1), for the conduct of the activities of such establishment, shall ensure compliance of the provisions of this Act.
Title: Grievance redressal mechanism
Every establishment referred to in sub-section (1) of section 20 shall designate such person, as it deems fit, as the Complaints Officer who shall dispose of complaints of violations of the provisions of this Act in the establishment, in such manner and within such time as may be prescribed.