Section 14 in The Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (Prevention and Control) Act, 2017
Title: Anti-retroviral Therapy and Opportunistic Infection Management by Central Government and State Government
(1) The measures to be taken by the Central Government or the State Government under section 13 shall include the measures for providing, as far as possible, diagnostic facilities relating to HIV or AIDS, Anti-retroviral Therapy and Opportunistic Infection Management to people living with HIV or AIDS.
(2) The Central Government shall issue necessary guidelines in respect of protocols for HIV and AIDS relating to diagnostic facilities, Anti-retroviral Therapy and Opportunistic Infection Management which shall be applicable to all persons and shall ensure their wide dissemination.
Title: Welfare measures by Central Government and State Government
(1) The Central Government and every State Government shall take measures to facilitate better access to welfare schemes to persons infected or affected by HIV or AIDS.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), the Central Government and State Governments shall frame schemes to address the needs of all protected persons.
Title: Protection of property of children affected by HIV or AIDS
(1) The Central Government or the State Government, as the case may be, shall take appropriate steps to protect the property of children affected by HIV or AIDS for the protection of property of child affected by HIV or AIDS.
(2) The parents or guardians of children affected by HIV and AIDS, or any person acting for protecting their interest, or a child affected by HIV and AIDS may approach the Child Welfare Committee for the safe keeping and deposit of documents related to the property rights of such child or to make complaints relating to such child being dispossessed or actual dispossession or trespass into such child's house.
Explanation.—For the purpose of this section, "Child Welfare Committee" means a Committee set-up under section 29 of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 (56 of 2000).
Title: Promotion of HIV and AIDS related information, education and communication programmes
The Central Government and the State Government shall formulate HIV and AIDS related information, education and communication programmes which are age-appropriate, gender-sensitive, non-stigmatising and non-discriminatory.
Title: Women and children infected with HIV or AIDS
(1) The Central Government shall lay down guidelines for care, support and treatment of children infected with HIV or AIDS.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the provisions of sub-section (1) and notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the Central Government, or the State Government as the case may be, shall take measures to counsel and provide information regarding the outcome of pregnancy and HIV-related treatment to the HIV infected women.
(3) No HIV positive woman, who is pregnant, shall be subjected to sterilisation or abortion without obtaining her informed consent.