Section 37 in The Footwear Design and Development Institute Act 2017
Title: Transitional provisions
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act—
(a) the Governing Council of the Society functioning as such, immediately before the commencement of this Act shall continue to so function until a new Governing Council is constituted for the Institute under this Act, but on the constitution of a new Governing Council under this Act the members of the Governing Council holding office before such constitution shall cease to hold office;
(b) until the first Statutes and the Ordinances are made under this Act, the rules and regulations, instructions and guidelines of the Society as in force, immediately before the commencement of this Act, shall continue to apply to the Institute insofar as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act; and
(c) any student who joined classes of the existing Institute on or after the academic year 2012-2013 or completed the course on or after the academic year 2013-2014 shall for the purposes of clause (iii) of section 7, be deemed to have pursued a course of study in the existing Institute if such student has not already been awarded degree or diploma for the same course of study.
Title: Statute and Ordinance to be published in the Official Gazette and to be laid before Parliament
(1) Every Statute or Ordinance made under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(2) Every Statute or Ordinance made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the Statute or Ordinance or both Houses agree that the Statute or Ordinance should not be made, the Statute or Ordinance shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that Statute or Ordinance.
(3) The power to make Statutes or Ordinances shall include the power to give retrospective effect with the approval of the Central Government from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of this Act to Statutes or Ordinances or any of them but no retrospective effect shall be given to any Statute or Ordinance so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such Statutes or Ordinances may be applicable.
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) lf any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provision or give such direction not inconsistent with the purposes of this Act, as appears to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of two years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Act, 2017.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 1st July, 2017 vide notification No. G.S.R. 700 (E) dated the 28 June, 2017, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(i).
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires, —
(a) “central tax” means the central goods and services tax levied and collected under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act;
(b) “Central Goods and Services Tax Act” means the Central Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (12 of 2017);
(c) “cess” means the goods and services tax compensation cess levied under section 8;
(d) “compensation” means an amount, in the form of goods and services tax compensation, as determined under section 7;
(e) “Council” means the Goods and Services Tax Council constituted under the provisions of article 279A of the Constitution;
(f) “Fund” means the Goods and Services Tax Compensation Fund referred to in section 10;
(g) “input tax” in relation to a taxable person, means, ––
(i) cess charged on any supply of goods or services or both made to him;
(ii) cess charged on import of goods and includes the cess payable on reverse charge basis;
(h) “Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act” means the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (13 of 2017);
(i) “integrated tax” means the integrated goods and services tax levied and collected under the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act;
(j) “prescribed” means prescribed by rules made, on the recommendations of the Council, under this Act;
(k) “projected growth rate” means the rate of growth projected for the transition period as per section 3;
(l) “Schedule” means the Schedule appended to this Act;
(m) “State” means, ––
(i) for the purposes of sections 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 the States as defined under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act; and
(ii) for the purposes of sections 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 the States as defined under the Central Goods and Services Tax Act and the Union territories as defined under the Union Territories Goods and Services Tax Act;
(n) “State tax” means the State goods and services tax levied and collected under the respective State Goods and Services Tax Act;
(o) “State Goods and Services Tax Act” means the law to be made by the State Legislature for levy and collection of tax by the concerned State on supply of goods or services or both;
(p) “taxable supply” means a supply of goods or services or both which is chargeable to the cess under this Act;
(q) “transition date” shall mean, in respect of any State, the date on which the State Goods and Services Tax Act of the concerned State comes into force;
(r) “transition period” means a period of five years from the transition date; and
(s) “Union Territories Goods and Services Tax Act” means the Union Territories Goods and Services Tax Act, 2017 (14 of 2017).
(2) The words and expressions used and not defined in this Act but defined in the Central Goods and Services Tax Act and the Integrated Goods and Services Tax Act shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in those Acts.