Section 23 in The Footwear Design and Development Institute Act, 2017
Title: Accounts and audit
(1) The Institute shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts, including the balance sheet, in such form as may be specified, in accordance with such general directions as may be issued by the Central Government in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of the Institute shall be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any expenditure incurred by him in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Institute to the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Institute shall have the same rights, privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India, generally has in connection with the audit of the Government accounts, and, in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect any of the offices of the Institute.
(4) The accounts of the Institute as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India any other person appointed by him in this behalf, together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Pension and provident fund
(1) The Institute shall constitute, for the benefit of its employees, including the Managing Director in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be specified by the Statutes, such pension, insurance and provident funds as it may consider necessary.
(2) Where any such provident fund has been so constituted, the Central Government may declare that the provisions of the Provident Funds Act, 1925 (19 of 1925), shall apply to such fund as if it were a Government Provident Fund.
All appointments of the staff of the Institute, except that of the Managing Director, Secretary and Executive Director shall be made in accordance with the procedure laid down in the Statutes by—
(a) the Governing Council, if the appointment is made on the academic staff in the post of Assistant Professor or above or if the appointment is made on the non-academic staff in any cadre, the maximum of the pay scale for which is the same or higher than that of Assistant Professor; and
(b) the Managing Director, in any other case.
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) the formation of departments of teaching, centre of research, establishment of workshops, laboratories, studios;
(b) the institution of fellowships, scholarships, exhibitions, medals and prizes;
(c) the classification, term of office, qualification, the method of appointment and the determination of the terms and conditions of service of officers, teachers and other staff of the Institute;
(d) the reservation of posts for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and other backward categories of person as may be determined by the Central Government;.
(e) the constitution of pension, insurance and provident funds for the benefit of the officers, teachers and other staff of the Institute;
(f) the constitution, powers and duties of the authorities of the Institute;
(g) the manner of filling up of vacancies among members of the Governing Council;
(h) the authentication of the orders and decisions of the Governing Council;
(i) the meetings of the Governing Council, Senate or any Committee, the quorum at such meetings and the procedure to be followed in the conduct of their business;
(j) conferment of honorary degree;
(k) the establishment and maintenance of halls and hostels;
(l) the conditions of residence of students of the Institute and the levying of the fees for residence in the halls and hostels and other charges; and
(m) any other matter which by this Act is to be or may be specified by the Statutes.
Title: Statutes how made
(1) The first Statutes of the Institute shall be framed by the Governing Council with the previous approval of the Visitor and shall be laid as soon as may be before each House of Parliament.
(2) The Governing Council may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes in the manner hereafter in this section provided.
(3) Every new Statute or addition to the Statute or any amendment or repeal of a Statute shall require the previous approval of the Visitor who may remit it to the Governing Council for consideration.
(4) A new Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.