Section 17 in The Footwear Design and Development Institute Act 2017
(1) The Secretary of the Institute shall be appointed by the Central Government. for a tenure of five years and on such terms and conditions of service as may be prescribed.
(2) The Secretary shall act as the Secretary of the Governing Council, the Senate and such committees as may be specified by the Statutes.
(3) The Secretary shall be responsible to the Managing Director for the proper discharge of his functions.
(4) The Secretary shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or the Managing Director.
Title: Executive Director
(1) The Executive Director of each Institute campus shall be appointed by the Central Government for a tenure of five years and on such terms and conditions as may be prescribed and shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or by the Managing Director.
(2) The Executive Director shall be the principal academic and executive officer of the Institute campus and shall be responsible for the implementation of the decision of the Governing Council and the Senate and the day-to-day administration of the Institute campus in consultation with the Managing Director.
Title: Power and duties of other authorities and officers
The powers and duties of authorities and officers, other than those hereinbefore mentioned, shall be determined by the Statutes.
Title: Grants by Central Government
For the purpose of enabling the Institute to discharge its functions efficiently under this Act, the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to the Institute in each financial year such sums of money and in such manner as it may think fit.
Title: Funds of Institute
(1) The Institute shall maintain a Fund to which shall be credited—
(a) all moneys provided by the Central Government;
(b) all fees and other charges received by the Institute;
(c) all moneys received by the Institute by way of loans, grants, gifts, donations, benefactions, bequests or transfers; and
(d) all moneys received by the Institute in any other manner or from any other source.
(2) All moneys credited to the Fund shall be deposited in such banks or invested in such manner as the Institute may, with the approval of the Governing Council decide.
(3) The Fund shall be applied towards meeting the expenses of the Institute, including expenses incurred in the exercise of its powers and discharge of its duties under this Act.