Section 11 in The Footwear Design and Development Institute Act 2017
The President of India shall be the Visitor of the Institute.
Title: Authorities of Institute
The following shall be the authorities of the Institute, namely:—
(a) a Governing council;
(b) a Senate; and
(c) such other authorities as may be declared by the Statutes to be the authorities of the Institute.
Title: The Senate
The Senate of the Institute shall consist of the following persons, namely:—
(a) the Managing Director, ex officio who shall be the Chairperson of the Senate;
(b) the Secretary, ex officio;
(c) the Executive Directors of all Institute campus, ex officio;
(d) all Senior Professors of the Institute;
(e) three persons, not being employees of the Institute, to be nominated by the Chairperson in consultation with the Managing Director, from amongst educationists of repute, from the fields of footwear, science, engineering and humanities and one of them shall be woman;
(f) one alumnus of the Institute to be nominated by the Chairperson in consultation with the Managing Director by rotation; and
(g) such other members of the staff as may be laid down in the Statutes.
Title: Functions of Senate
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances, the Senate of the Institute shall be the principal academic body of the Institute and shall have the control and general regulation, and be responsible for the maintenance of standards of instruction, education and examinations in the Institute and shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be conferred or imposed upon it by the Statutes.
(2) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (1), the Senate shall have the following powers, namely:—
(a) to specify the criteria and process for admission to courses or programmes of study by the Institute;
(b) to recommend to the Governing Council for creation of teaching and other academic posts, determination of number and emoluments of such posts and defining the duties and conditions of service of teachers and other academic posts;
(c) to recommend to the Governing Council for commencement of new programmes and course of study;
(d) to specify academic contents of programmes and course of study and to undertake modifications therein;
(e) to specify the academic calendar and approve grant of degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions or titles; and
(f) to exercise such other powers and discharge such other functions as may be assigned to it, by Statutes or by the Governing Council.
Title: Functions powers and duties of Chairperson
(1) The Chairperson shall ordinarily preside at the meetings of the Governing Council and at the Convocations of the Institute.
(2) The Chairperson shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes.
(3) The Chairperson shall have the authority to review periodically the work and progress of the Institute and to order enquiries into the affairs of the Institute.