Section 49 in The National Medical Commission Act 2019
Title: Completion of courses of studies in medical institutions
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, any student who was studying for a degree, diploma or certificate in any medical institution immediately before the commencement of this Act shall continue to so study and complete his course for such degree, diploma or certificate, and such institution shall continue to provide instructions and examination for such student in accordance with the syllabus and studies as existed before such commencement, and such student shall be deemed to have completed his course of study under this Act and shall be awarded degree, diploma or certificate under this Act.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, where recognition granted to a medical institution has lapsed, whether by efflux of time or by its voluntary surrender or for any other reason whatsoever, such medical institution shall continue to maintain and provide the minimum standards required to be provided under this Act till such time as all candidates who are admitted in that medical institution complete their study.
Title: Joint sittings of Commission Central Councils of Homoeopathy and Indian medicine to enhance interface between their respective systems of medicine
(1) There shall be a joint sitting of the Commission, the Central Council of Homoeopathy and the Central Council of Indian Medicine at least once a year, at such time and place as they mutually appoint, to enhance the interface between Homoeopathy, Indian Systems of Medicine and modern systems of medicine.
(2) The agenda for the joint sitting may be prepared with mutual agreement between the Chairpersons of the Commission, the Central Council of Homoeopathy and the Central Council of Indian Medicine or be prepared separately by each of them.
(3) The joint sitting referred to in sub-section (1) may, by an affirmative vote of all members present and voting, decide on approving specific educational modules or programmes that may be introduced in the undergraduate course and the postgraduate course across medical systems and promote medical pluralism.
Title: state Government to promote primary healthcare in rural areas
Every State Government may, for the purposes of addressing or promoting primary healthcare in rural area, take necessary measures to enhance the capacity of the healthcare professionals.
Title: Chairperson Members officers of Commission and of Autonomous Boards to be public servants
The Chairperson, Members, officers and other employees of the Commission and the President, Members and officers and other employees of the Autonomous Boards shall be deemed, when acting or purporting to act in pursuance of any of the provisions of this Act, to be public servants within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code 1860 (45 of 1860).
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith
No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Government, the Commission or any Autonomous Board or a State Medical Council or any Committee thereof, or any officer or other employee of the Government or of the Commission acting under this Act for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act or the rules or regulations made thereunder.