Section 17 in The Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes (Production Manufacture Import Export Transport Sale Distribution Storage and Advertisement) Act 2019
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by an order published in the Official Gazette, make such provision not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as may appear to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of two years from the date of the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Repeal and savings
(1) The Prohibition of Electronic Cigarettes (Production, Manufacture, Import, Export, Transport, Sale, Distribution, Storage and Advertisement) Ordinance, 2019 (Ord. 14 of 2019) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre Act, 2019.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 2nd March, 2019.
(1) In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Centre" means the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre established and incorporated under section 3;
(b) "Chairperson" means the Chairperson of the Centre referred to in clause (a) of section 5;
(c) "Chief Executive Officer" means the Chief Executive Officer appointed under section 21;
(d) "Committee" means the relevant Committee of the Centre referred to in section 19;
(e) "Custodian" means the person who is appointed as Custodian under sub-section (2) of section 11 in respect of the undertakings;
(f) "Fund" means the Fund of the Centre to be maintained under section 25;
(g) "Member" means Full-time or Part-time Member of the Centre and includes the Chairperson;
(h) "notification" means a notification published in the Official Gazette;
(i) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made by the Central Government under this Act;
(j) "regulations" means regulations made by the Centre under this Act;
(k) "Society" means the International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, registered as such under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 (21 of 1860), and having its registered office at New Delhi;
(l) "specified date" means the date as may be specified by the Central Government by notification;
(m) "undertakings" means the undertakings of the Society which vests with the Central Government under section 7.
(2) All other words and expressions used herein but not defined and defined in the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 (26 of 1996), shall have the same meanings as assigned to them in that Act.
Title: Establishment and incorporation of New Delhi International Arbitration Centre
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification, establish a body to be called the New Delhi International Arbitration Centre for the purposes of exercising the powers and discharging the functions under this Act.
(2) The Centre shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to enter into contract, and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.