Section 83 in The Jammu and Kashmir Reorganisation Act 2019
Title: Distribution of revenue
(1) The award made by the Fourteenth Finance Commission to the existing State of Jammu and Kashmir shall be apportioned between the successor Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir; and Union territory of Ladakh by the Central Government on the basis of population ratio and other parameters:
Provided that on the appointed day, the President shall make a reference to the Union territories Finance Commission to take into account the resources available to the successor Union territories of Ladakh and make separate award for the successor Union territory of Ladakh:
Provided further that on the appointed day, the President shall make a reference to the Fifteenth Finance Commission to include Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir in its Terms of Reference and make award for the successor Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
(2) Notwithstanding anything in sub-section (1), the Central Government may, having regard to the resources available to the successor Union territory of Ladakh make appropriate grants and also ensure that adequate benefits and incentives in the form of special development package are given to the backward areas of this region.
Title: Application of this Part
(1) The provisions of this Part shall apply in relation to the apportionment of the assets and liabilities of the existing State of Jammu and Kashmir immediately before the appointed day, between the successor Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and successor Union territory of Ladakh.
(2) The apportionment of the assets and liabilities of the existing State of Jammu and Kashmir shall be subject to the recommendations of a committee constituted by the Central Government.
(3) The process of apportionment shall be completed within a period of twelve months from the appointed day.
Title: Advisory Committee(s)
(1) The Central Government may by order, establish one or more Advisory Committees within a period of 90 days from the appointed day, for the purposes of:
(a) apportionment of assets, rights and liabilities of the companies and corporations constituted for the existing State of Jammu and Kashmir between Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union territory of Ladakh;
(b) issues relating to Continuance of arrangements in regard to generation and supply of electric power and supply of water;
(c) issues related to Jammu and Kashmir State Financial Corporation;
(d) issues related to Companies constituted for the existing state of Jammu and Kashmir regarding the division of the interests and shares and reconstitution of Board of Directors;
(e) issues related to facilities in certain State Institutions; and
(f) issues related to any other matters not covered under this section.
(2) The committees so appointed under sub-section (1) of this section, shall submit their reports within six months to the Lieutenant Governor of Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir, who shall act on the recommendations of such committees within a period of 30 days from the date of receiving such reports.
Title: Temporary provisions as to continuance of certain existing road transport permits
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 88 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 (59 of 1988), a permit granted by the State Transport Authority of the existing State of Jammu and Kashmir or any Regional Transport Authority in that State shall, if such permit was, immediately before the appointed day, valid and effective in any area in the transferred territory, be deemed to continue to be valid and effective in that area after that day till its period of validity subject to the provisions of that Act as for the time being in force in that area; and it shall not be necessary for any such permit to be countersigned by the Transport Authority of any of Union territory or any Regional Transport Authority therein for the purpose of validating it for use in such area:
Provided that the Lieutenant Governor may add to amend or vary the conditions attached to the permit by the Authority by which the permit was granted.
(2) No tolls, entrance fees or other charges of a like nature shall be levied after the appointed day in respect of any transport vehicle for its operations in any of the successor Union territories under any such permit, if such vehicle was, immediately before that day, exempt from the payment of any such toll, entrance fees or other charges for its operations in the transferred territory:
Provided that the Central Government may, after consultation with the Government of Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir or the administration of Union territory of Ladakh, as the case may be, authorise the levy of any such toll, entrance fees or other charges, as the case may be:
Provided further that the provisions of this sub-section shall not be applicable where any such tolls, entrance fees or other charges of a like nature are leviable for the use of any road or bridge which is constructed or developed for commercial purpose by the State Government, an undertaking of the State Government, a joint undertaking in which the State Government is a shareholder or the private sector.
Title: Special provision as to income tax
Where the assets, rights and liabilities of any body corporate carrying on business are, under the provisions of this Part, transferred to any other bodies corporate which after the transfer carry on the same business, the losses or profits or gains sustained by the body corporate first-mentioned which, but for such transfer, would have been allowed to be carried forward and set off in accordance with the provisions of Chapter VI of the Income-tax Act, 1961 (43 of 1961), shall be apportioned amongst the transferee bodies corporate in accordance with the rules to be made by the Central Government in this behalf and, upon such apportionment, the share of loss allotted to each transferee body corporate shall be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of Chapter VI of the said Act, as if the transferee body corporate had itself sustained such loss in a business carried on by it in the years in which those losses were sustained.