Section 4 in The Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teachers Cadre) Act 2019
Title: Act not to apply in certain cases
The provisions of section 3 shall not apply to
(a) the institutions of excellence, research institutions, institutions of national and strategic importance specified in the Schedule to this Act;
(b) a Minority Educational Institution.
(2) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, amend the Schedule referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (1) from time to time.
Title: Laying of notifications before Parliament
Every notification made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the notification or both Houses agree that the notification should not be made, the notification shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that notification.
Title: Repeal and savings
(1) The Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teachers' Cadre) Ordinance, 2019 (Ord. 13 of 2019) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under this Act.
Title: Short title extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu (Merger of Union territories) Act, 2019.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 26th January, 2020, vide notification No. S.O. 4542(E), dated 19th December, 2019, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires, ---
(a) “appointed day2” means the day on which the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint;
(b) “existing Union territories” means the Union territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu as existing immediately before the appointed day;
(c) “law” includes any enactment, Ordinance, regulation, order, bye-law, rule, scheme, notification or other instrument having a force of law in the whole or in any part of the existing Union territories immediately before the appointed day.
1. 26th January, 2020,vide notification No. S.O. 4543(E), dated 19th December, 2019, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).