Section 8 in The Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Act 2019
Title: Designated Court
(1) The appropriate Government shall, with the concurrence of the Chief Justice of the concerned High Court, by notification, constitute one or more Courts known as the Designated Courts for such area or areas or such case or cases as may be specified in such notification, which shall be presided over by a Judge not below the rank of a District and Sessions Judge or Additional District and Sessions Judge.
(2) No Court other than the Designated Court shall have jurisdiction in respect of any matter to which the provisions of this Act apply.
(3) When trying an offence under this Act, the Designated Court may also try an offence, other than an offence under this Act, with which the accused may, under the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974), be charged at the same trial.
Title: Central database
(1) The Central Government may designate an authority, whether existing or to be constituted, which shall create, maintain and operate an online database for information on deposit takers operating in India.
(2) The authority designated under sub-section (1) may require any Regulator or the Competent Authority to share such information on deposit takers, as may be prescribed.
Title: Information of business by deposit taker
(1) Every deposit taker which commences or carries on its business as such on or after the commencement of this Act shall intimate the authority referred to in sub-section (1) of section 9 about its business in such form and manner and within such time, as may be prescribed.
(2) The Competent Authority may, if it has reason to believe that the deposits are being solicited or accepted pursuant to an Unregulated Deposit Scheme, direct any deposit taker to furnish such statements, information or particulars, as it considers necessary, relating to or connected with the deposits received by such deposit taker.
Explanation.—For the removal of doubts, it is hereby clarified that—
(a) the requirement of intimation under sub-section (1) is applicable to deposit takers accepting or soliciting deposits as defined in clause (4) of section 2; and
(b) the requirement of intimation under sub-section (1) applies to a company, if the company accepts the deposits under Chapter V of the Companies Act, 2013 (18 of 2013).
Title: Information to be shared
(1) The Competent Authority shall share all information received under section 29 with the Central Bureau of Investigation and with the authority which may be designated by the Central Government under section 9.
(2) The appropriate Government, any Regulator, income-tax authorities or any other investigation agency, having any information or documents in respect of the offence investigated under this Act by the police or the Central Bureau of Investigation, shall share all such information or documents with the police or the Central Bureau of Investigation.
(3) Where the principal officer of any banking company, a corresponding new bank, the State Bank of India, a subsidiary bank, a regional rural bank, a co-operative bank or a multi-State co-operative bank has reason to believe that any client is a deposit taker and is acting in contravention to the provisions of this Act, he shall forthwith inform the same to the Competent Authority.
Title: Priority of depositors' claim
Save as otherwise provided in the Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002 (54 of 2002) or the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (31 of 2016), any amount due to depositors from a deposit taker shall be paid in priority over all other debts and all revenues, taxes, cesses and other rates payable to the appropriate Government or the local authority.