Section 8 in The Advocates Fund Act 2001
Title: Meetings of Trustee Committee
(1) The Trustee Committee shall meet at least once in every three calendar months and at least four such meetings shall be held in every year to transact business under this Act and the rules made thereunder.
(2) Three Members of the Trustee Committee shall form the quorum for a meeting of the Trustee Committee.
(3) The Chairperson of the Trustee Committee or, if for any reason, he is unable to attend a meeting of the Trustee Committee, any other Member chosen by the Members of the Trustee Committee present from amongst themselves at the meeting shall preside at the meeting.
(4) All questions which come up in a meeting of the Trustee Committee shall be decided by a majority vote of the Members of the Trustee Committee present and voting, and, in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson, or in his absence, the Member of the Trustee Committee presiding, shall have a second or casting vote.
Title: Travelling daily allowances to nominated Chairperson and Members of Trustee Committee
The Chairperson referred to in sub-section (4) of section 4 and Members of the Trustee Committee referred to in clauses (e) and (f) of sub-section (3) of that section shall be entitled to be paid such travelling and daily allowances as are admissible to the members of the State Bar Council.
Title: Vesting and application of Fund
The Fund shall vest in, and be held and applied by, the Trustee Committee subject to the provisions, and for the purposes, of this Act.
Title: Functions of Trustee Committee
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and any other law for the time being in force, the Trustee Committee shall administer the Fund.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the provisions contained in sub-section (1), the Trustee Committee shall—
(a) hold the amounts and assets belonging to the Fund in trust;
(b) receive applications for admission or re-admission as members to the Fund, and dispose of such applications within ninety days from the date of receipt thereof;
(c) receive applications from the members of the Fund, their nominees or legal heirs, as the case may be, for payment out of the Fund, conduct such enquiry as it deems necessary and dispose of the applications within five months from the date of receipt thereof;
(d) record in the minutes book of the Trustee Committee, its decisions on the applications;
(e) pay to the members of the Fund or their nominees or legal heirs, as the case may be, the amounts at the rates specified in Schedule I;
(f) send such periodical and annual reports as may be prescribed, to the appropriate Government and the State Bar Council;
(g) communicate to the applicants, by registered post with acknowledgment due or through electronic mode, the decisions of the Trustee Committee in respect of applications for admission or re-admission as members to the Fund or claims to the benefit of the Fund;
(h) do such other acts as are, or may be, required to be done under this Act and the rules made thereunder.
Title: Borrowing and investment
(1) The Trustee Committee may, with the prior approval of the appropriate Government and the State Bar Council, borrow, from time to time, any sum required for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
(2) The Trustee Committee shall deposit all monies and receipts forming part of the Fund in any scheduled bank or invest the same in debt instruments of any corporation owned or controlled by the appropriate Government or in loans floated by the appropriate Government or in any other manner as the State Bar Council may, from time to time, direct with the prior approval of the appropriate Government.
(3) All amounts due and payable under this Act and all expenditure relating to the management and administration of the Fund shall be paid out of the Fund.