Section 46 in Advocate Act
[46. Payment of part of enrolment fees to the Bar Council of India].-- Omitted by Act 70 of 1993, s. 8 (w.e.f. 26-12-1993).
Title: Financial assistance to State Bar Council
1[46A. Financial assistance to State Bar Council-- The Bar Council of India may, if it is satisfied that any State Bar Council is in need of funds for the purpose of performing its functions under this Act, give such financial assistance as it deems fit to that Bar Council by way of grant or otherwise.]
1. Ins. by Act 60 of 1973, s. 35 (w.e.f. 31-1-1974)
(1) Where any country, specified by the Central Government in this behalf by notification in the Official Gazette, prevents citizens of India from practising the profession of law or subjects them to unfair discrimination in that country, no subject of any such country shall be entitled to practise the profession of law in India.
(2) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (1), the Bar Council of India may prescribe the conditions, if any, subject to which foreign qualifications in law obtained by persons other than citizens of India shall be recognised for the purpose of admission as an advocate under this Act.
Title: Indemnity against legal proceedings
No suit or other legal proceeding shall lie against any Bar Council or any committee thereof or a member of a Bar Council 1[or any committee thereof] for any act in good faith done or intended to be done in pursuance of the provisions of this Act or of any rules made thereunder.
1. Ins. by s. 36, ibid. (w.e.f. 31-1-1974).
Title: Power of revision
1[48A. Power of revision-- (1) The Bar Council of India may, at any time, call for the record of any proceeding under this Act which has been disposed of by a State Bar Council or a committee thereof, and from which no appeal lies, for the purpose of satisfying itself as to the legality or propriety of such disposal and may pass such orders in relation thereto as it may think fit.
(2) No order which prejudicially affects any person shall be passed under this section without giving him a reasonable opportunity of being heard.]
1. Ins. by Act 21 of 1964, s. 19 (w.e.f. 16-5-1964).