Section 25 in The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies Benefits and Services) Act 2016
1[25. Fund. -- (1) There shall be constituted a Fund to be called the Unique Identification Authority of India Fund and there shall be credited thereto--
(a) all grants, fees and charges received by the Authority under this Act; and
(b) all sums received by the Authority from such other sources as may be decided upon by the Central Government.
(2) The Fund shall be applied for meeting--
(a) the salaries and allowances payable to the Chairperson and members and administrative expenses including the salaries, allowances and pension payable to or in respect of officers and other employees of the Authority; and
(b) the expenses on objects and for purposes authorised by this Act.]
1. Subs. by Act 14 of 2019, s. 12, for section 25 (w.e.f. 25-7-2019).
Title: Accounts and audit
(1) The Authority shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts in such form as may be prescribed by the Central Government in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The accounts of the Authority shall be audited annually by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India at such intervals as may be specified by him and any expenditure incurred in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Authority to the Comptroller and Auditor-General.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person appointed by him in connection with the audit the accounts of the Authority under this Act shall have the same rights and privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General generally has in connection with the audit of Government accounts, and in particular, shall have the right to demand production of books, accounts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers, and to inspect any of the offices of the Authority.
(4) The accounts of the Authority, as certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person appointed by him in this behalf, together with the audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government by the Authority and the Central Government shall cause the audit report to be laid, as soon as may be after it is received, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Returns and annual report etc
(1) The Authority shall furnish to the Central Government at such time and in such form and manner as may be prescribed or as the Central Government may direct, such returns and statements and particulars in regard to any matter under the jurisdiction of the Authority, as the Central Government may from time to time require.
(2) The Authority shall prepare, once in every year, and in such form and manner and at such time as may be prescribed, an annual report giving—
(a) a description of all the activities of the Authority for the previous years;
(b) the annual accounts for the previous year; and
(c) the programmes of work for coming year.
(3) A copy of the report received under sub-section (2) shall be laid by the Central Government, as soon as may be after it is received, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Security and confidentiality of information
(1) The Authority shall ensure the security of identity information and authentication records of individuals.
(2) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Authority shall ensure confidentiality of identity information and authentication records of individuals.
(3) The Authority shall take all necessary measures to ensure that the information in the possession or control of the Authority, including information stored in the Central Identities Data Repository, is secured and protected against access, use or disclosure not permitted under this Act or regulations made thereunder, and against accidental or intentional destruction, loss or damage.
(4) Without prejudice to sub-sections (1) and (2), the Authority shall—
(a) adopt and implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures;
(b) ensure that the agencies, consultants, advisors or other persons appointed or engaged for performing any function of the Authority under this Act, have in place appropriate technical and organisational security measures for the information; and
(c) ensure that the agreements or arrangements entered into with such agencies, consultants, advisors or other persons, impose obligations equivalent to those imposed on the Authority under this Act, and require such agencies, consultants, advisors and other persons to act only on instructions from the Authority.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, and save as otherwise provided in this Act, the Authority or any of its officers or other employees or any agency that maintains the Central Identities Data Repository shall not, whether during his service or thereafter, reveal any information stored in the Central Identities Data Repository or authentication record to anyone:
Provided that an Aadhaar number holder may request the Authority to provide access to his identity information excluding his core biometric information in such manner as may be specified by regulations.
Title: Restriction on sharing information
(1) No core biometric information, collected or created under this Act, shall be--
(a) shared with anyone for any reason whatsoever; or
(b) used for any purpose other than generation of Aadhaar numbers and authentication under this Act.
(2) The identity information, other than core biometric information, collected or created under this Act may be shared only in accordance with the provisions of this Act and in such manner as may be specified by regulations.
1[(3) No identity information available with a requesting entity or offline verification-seeking entity shall be--
(a) used for any purpose, other than the purposes informed in writing to the individual at the time of submitting any information for authentication or offline verification; or
(b) disclosed for any purpose, other than purposes informed in writing to the individual at the time of submitting any information for authentication or offline verification:
Provided that the purposes under clauses (a) and (b) shall be in clear and precise language understandable to the individual.]
(4) No Aadhaar number 2[, demographic information or photograph] collected or created under this Act in respect of an Aadhaar number holder shall be published, displayed or posted publicly, except for the purposes as may be specified by regulations.
1. Subs. by Act 14 of 2019, s. 13, for sub-section (3) (w.e.f. 25-7-2019).
2. Subs. by Act 14 of 2019, s. 13, for "or core biometric information" (w.e.f. 25-7-2019).