Section 10 in The Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies Benefits and Services) Act 2016
Title: Central Identities Data Repository
The Authority may engage one or more entities to establish and maintain the Central Identities Data Repository and to perform any other functions as may be specified by regulations.
Title: Establishment of Authority
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification, establish an Authority to be known as the Unique Identification Authority of India to be responsible for the processes of enrolment and authentication and perform such other functions assigned to it under this Act.
(2) The Authority shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract, and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
(3) The head office of the Authority shall be in New Delhi.
(4) The Authority may, with the prior approval of the Central Government, establish its offices at other places in India.
Title: Composition of Authority
The Authority shall consist of a Chairperson, appointed on part-time or full-time basis, two part-time Members, and the chief executive officer who shall be Member-Secretary of the Authority, to be appointed by the Central Government.
Title: Qualifications for appointment of Chairperson and Members of Authority
The Chairperson and Members of the Authority shall be persons of ability and integrity having experience and knowledge of at least ten years in matters relating to technology, governance, law, development, economics, finance, management, public affairs or administration.
Title: Term of office and other conditions of service of Chairperson and Members
(1)The Chairperson and the Members appointed under this Act shall hold office for a term of three years from the date on which they assume office and shall be eligible for re-appointment:
Provided that no person shall hold office as the Chairperson or Member after he has attained the age of sixty-five years.
(2) The Chairperson and every Member shall, before entering office, make and subscribe to, an oath of office and of secrecy, in such form and in such manner and before such Authority as may be prescribed.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), the Chairperson or Member may—
(a) relinquish his office, by giving in writing to the Central Government, a notice of not less than thirty days; or
(b) be removed from his office in accordance with the provisions of section 15.
(4) The salaries and allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of service of, the Chairperson and allowances or remuneration payable to part-time Members shall be such as may be prescribed.