Section 80 in The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act
Title: Punitive measures for adoption without following prescribed procedures
If any person or organisation offers or gives or receives, any orphan, abandoned or surrendered child, for the purpose of adoption without following the provisions or procedures as provided in this Act, such person or organisation shall be punishable with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend upto three years, or with fine of one lakh rupees, or with both:
Provided in case where the offence is committed by a recognised adoption agency, in addition to the above punishment awarded to the persons in-charge of, and responsible for the conduct of the day-to-day affairs of the adoption agency, the registration of such agency under section 41 and its recognition under section 65 shall also be withdrawn for a minimum period of one year.
Title: Sale and procurement of children for any purpose
Any person who sells or buys a child for any purpose shall be punishable with rigorous imprisonment for a term which may extend to five years and shall also be liable to fine of one lakh rupees:
Provided that where such offence is committed by a person having actual charge of the child, including employees of a hospital or nursing home or maternity home, the term of imprisonment shall not be less than three years and may extend up to seven years.
Title: Corporal punishment
(1) Any person in-charge of or employed in a child care institution, who subjects a child to corporal punishment with the aim of disciplining the child, shall be liable, on the first conviction, to a fine of ten thousand rupees and for every subsequent offence, shall be liable for imprisonment which may extend to three months or fine or with both.
(2) If a person employed in an institution referred to in sub-section (1), is convicted of an offence under that sub-section, such person shall also be liable for dismissal from service, and shall also be debarred from working directly with children thereafter.
(3) In case, where any corporal punishment is reported in an institution referred to in sub-section (1) and the management of such institution does not cooperate with any inquiry or comply with the orders of the Committee or the Board or court or State Government, the person in-charge of the management of the institution shall be liable for punishment with imprisonment for a term not less than three years and shall also be liable to fine which may extend to one lakh rupees.
Title: Use of child by militant groups or other adults
(1) Any non-State, self-styled militant group or outfit declared as such by the Central Government, if recruits or uses any child for any purpose, shall be liable for rigorous imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years and shall also be liable to fine of five lakh rupees.
(2) Any adult or an adult group uses children for illegal activities either individually or as a gang shall be liable for rigorous imprisonment for a term which may extend to seven years and shall also be liable to fine of five lakh rupees.
Title: Kidnapping and abduction of child
For the purposes of this Act, the provisions of sections 359 to 369 of the Indian Penal Code (45 of 1860), shall mutatis mutandis apply to a child or a minor who is under the age of eighteen years and all the provisions shall be construed accordingly.