Section 416 in The Code of Criminal Procedure
Title: Postponement of capital sentence on pregnant woman
If a woman sentenced to death is found to be pregnant, the High Court shall 1 [****], commute the sentence to imprisonment for life.
1. Certain words omitted by Act 5 of 2009, s. 30 (w.e.f. 31-12-2009).
Title: Power to appoint place of imprisonment
(1) Except when otherwise provided by any law for the time being in force, the State Government may direct in what place any person liable to be imprisoned or committed to custody under this Code shall be confined.
(2) If any person liable to be imprisoned or committed to custody under this Code is in confinement in a civil jail, the Court or Magistrate ordering the imprisonment or committal may direct that the person be removed to a criminal jail.
(3) When a person is removed to a criminal jail under sub-section (2), he shall, on being released therefrom, be sent back to the civil jail, unless either---
(a) three years have elapsed since he was removed to the criminal jail, in which case he shall be deemed to have been released from the civil jail under section 58 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908), or section 23 of the Provincial Insolvency Act, 1920 (5 of 1920), as the case may be; or
(b) the Court which ordered his imprisonment in the civil jail has certified to the officer in charge of the criminal jail that he is entitled to be released under section 58 of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908), or under section 23 of the Provincial Insolvency Act, 1920 (5 of 1920), as the case may be.
Title: Execution of sentence of imprisonment
(1) Where the accused is sentenced to imprisonment for life or to imprisonment for a term in cases other than those provided for by section 413, the Court passing the sentence shall forthwith forward a warrant to the jail or other place in which he is, or is to be, confined, and, unless the accused is already confined in such jail or other place, shall forward him to such jail or other place, with the warrant:
Provided that where the accused is sentenced to imprisonment till the rising of the Court, it shall not be necessary to prepare or forward a warrant to a jail, and the accused may be confined in such place as the Court may direct.
(2) Where the accused is not present in Court when he is sentenced to such imprisonment as is mentioned in sub-section (1), the Court shall issue a warrant for his arrest for the purpose of forwarding him to the jail or other place in which he is to be confined; and in such case, the sentence shall commence on the date of his arrest
Title: Direction of warrant for execution
Every warrant for the execution of a sentence of imprisonment shall be directed to the officer in charge of the jail or other place in which the prisoner is, or is to be, confined
Title: Warrant with whom to be lodged
When the prisoner is to be confined in a jail, the warrant shall be lodged with the jailor.