Section 34 in The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Act, 1998
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions or give such directions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, as appears to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of two years from the appointed day.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
Title: Transitional provisions
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act,--
(a) the Board of Governors of the Society functioning as such immediately before the commencement of this Act shall continue to so function until a new Board is constituted for the Institute under this Act, but on the constitution of a new Board under this Act, the members of the Board holding office before such constitution shall cease to hold office;
(b) until the first Statutes and the Ordinances are made under this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances of the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Sector-67, S.A.S. Nagar (Mohali), District Ropar, Punjab as in force, immediately before the commencement of this Act, shall continue to apply to the Institute in so far as they are not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act.
Title: Statutes and Ordinances to be published in the Official Gazette and to be laid before Parliament
(1) Every Statute or Ordinance made under this Act shall be published in the Official Gazette.
(2) Every Statute or Ordinance made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the Statute or Ordinance or both Houses agree that the Statute or Ordinance should not be made, the Statute or Ordinance shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that Statute or Ordinance.
(3) The power to make the Statutes or the Ordinances shall include the power to give retrospective effect from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of this Act to the Statutes or the Ordinances or any of them but no retrospective effect shall be given to any Statute or Ordinance so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such Statute or Ordinance may be applicable.
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Ordinance, 1998 (Ord. 9 of 1998) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under this Act.