Section 16 in The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Act, 1998
(1) The Director of the Institute shall be appointed by the Board with the prior approval of the Visitor.
(2) The Director shall be the principal academic and executive officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for the proper administration and academic performance of the Institute and for imparting of instruction and maintenance of discipline therein.
(3) The Director shall submit annual reports and accounts to the Board.
(4) The Director shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or the Ordinances.
(1) The Dean of the Institute shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or the Director.
(2) The Dean shall report to the Director.
(1) The Registrar of the Institute shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall be the custodian of records, the common seal, the funds of the Institute and such other property of the Institute as the Board shall commit to his charge.
(2) The Registrar shall act as the Secretary of the Board, the Senate and such committees as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(3) The Registrar shall be responsible to the Director for the proper discharge of his functions.
(4) The Registrar shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or the Director.
Title: Powers and duties of other authorities and officers
The powers and duties of authorities and officers, other than those hereinbefore mentioned, shall be determined by the Statutes.
Title: Grants by Central Government
For the purpose of enabling the Institute to discharge its functions efficiently under this Act, the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, pay to the Institute in each financial year such sums of money and in such manner as it may think fit.