Section 13 in The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Act, 1998
The Senate of the Institute shall consist of the following persons, namely:--
(a) the Director, ex officio, who shall be the Chairperson of the Senate;
(b) the Dean, ex officio;
(c) five professors of the Institute, to be nominated by the Chairperson in consultation with the Director, by rotation;
(d) three persons, not being employees of the Institute, to be nominated by the Chairperson in consultation with the Director, from among educationists of repute, one each from the fields of science, engineering and humanities and one of them shall be either from the Scheduled Castes or from the Scheduled Tribes; and
(e) such other members of the staff as may be laid down in the Statutes.
Title: Functions of Senate
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances, the Senate of the Institute shall have the control and general regulation, and be responsible for the maintenance of standards of instruction, education and examination in the Institute and shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be conferred or imposed upon it by the Statutes.
Title: Functions, powers and duties of Chairperson
(1) The Chairperson shall ordinarily preside at the meetings of the Board and at the Convocations of the Institute.
(2) It shall be the duty of the Chairperson to ensure that the decisions taken by the Board are implemented.
(3) The Chairperson shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes.
(1) The Director of the Institute shall be appointed by the Board with the prior approval of the Visitor.
(2) The Director shall be the principal academic and executive officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for the proper administration and academic performance of the Institute and for imparting of instruction and maintenance of discipline therein.
(3) The Director shall submit annual reports and accounts to the Board.
(4) The Director shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or the Ordinances.
(1) The Dean of the Institute shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or the Director.
(2) The Dean shall report to the Director.