Section 9 in The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Act, 1998
Title: Institute to be open to all races, creeds and classes
(1) The Institute shall be open to persons of either sex and of whatever race, creed, caste or class, and no test or condition shall be imposed as to religious belief or profession in admitting or appointing members, students, teachers or workers or in any other connection whatsoever.
(2) No bequest, donation or transfer of any property shall be accepted by the Institute which in the opinion of the Board involves conditions or obligations opposed to the spirit and object of this section.
Title: Teaching at Institute
All teaching at the Institute shall be conducted by or in the name of the Institute in accordance with the Statutes and the Ordinances made in this behalf.
(1) The President of India shall be the Visitor of the Institute.
(2) The Visitor may appoint one or more persons to review the work and progress of the Institute and to hold inquiries into the affairs thereof and to report thereon in such manner as the Visitor may direct.
(3) Upon receipt of any such report, the Visitor may take such action and issue such directions as he considers necessary in respect of any of the matters dealt with in the report and the Institute shall be bound to comply with such directions.
Title: Authorities of Institute
The following shall be the other authorities of the Institute, namely:--
(a) a Senate;
(b) such other authorities as may be declared by the Statutes to be the authorities of the Institute.
The Senate of the Institute shall consist of the following persons, namely:--
(a) the Director, ex officio, who shall be the Chairperson of the Senate;
(b) the Dean, ex officio;
(c) five professors of the Institute, to be nominated by the Chairperson in consultation with the Director, by rotation;
(d) three persons, not being employees of the Institute, to be nominated by the Chairperson in consultation with the Director, from among educationists of repute, one each from the fields of science, engineering and humanities and one of them shall be either from the Scheduled Castes or from the Scheduled Tribes; and
(e) such other members of the staff as may be laid down in the Statutes.