Section 27 in The Maulana Azad National Urdu University Act, 1996
Title: Power to make Ordinances
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the Ordinances may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the admission of students to the University and their enrolment as such;
(b) the courses of study to be laid down for all degrees, diplomas and certificates of the University;
(c) the medium of instruction and examination;
(d) the award of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions, qualifications for the same and the means to be taken relating to the granting and obtaining of the same;
(e) the fees to be charged for courses of study in the University and for admission to the examinations, degrees and diplomas of the University;
(f) the conditions for awards of fellowships, scholarships, studentships, medals and prizes;
(g) the conduct of examinations, including the term of office and manner of appointment and the duties of examining bodies, examiners and moderators;
(h) the conditions of residence of the students of the University;
(i) the special arrangements, if any, which may be made for the residence, discipline and teaching of women students and prescribing of special courses of studies for them;
(j) the appointments and emoluments of employees other than those for whom provision has been made in the Statutes;
(k) the establishment of Centres of Studies, Boards of Studies, Special Centres, Specialised Laboratories and other Committees;
(l) the manner of co-operation and collaboration with other Universities, Institutions and other agencies including learned bodies or associations in India or abroad;
(m) the creation, composition and functions of any other body which is considered necessary for improving the academic life of the University;
(n) such other terms and conditions of service of teachers and other academic staff as are not prescribed by the Statutes;
(o) the management of Institutions established by the University;
(p) setting up of a machinery for redressal of grievances of employees; and
(q) all other matters which by this Act or the Statutes may be provided for by the Ordinances.
(2) The first Ordinances shall be made by the Vice-Chancellor with the previous approval of the Central Government and the Ordinances so made may be amended, repealed or added to at any time by the Executive Council in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
The authorities of the University may make Regulations, consistent with this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances for the conduct of their own business and that of the Committees, if any, appointed by them and not provided for by this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances, in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Annual report
(1) The annual report of the University shall be prepared under the direction of the Executive Council which shall include, among other matters, the steps taken by the University towards the fulfilment of its objects and shall be submitted to the Visitor on or before such date as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) A copy of the annual report, as prepared under sub-section (1), shall also be submitted to the Central Government, which shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
Title: Annual accounts
(1) The annual accounts and balance-sheet of the University shall be prepared under the directions of the Executive Council and shall, once at least every year and at intervals of not more than fifteen months, be audited by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or by such persons as he may authorise in this behalf.
(2) A copy of the annual accounts together with the audit report thereon shall be submitted to the Visitor along with the observations, if any, of the Executive Council.
(3) Any observations made by the Visitor on the annual accounts shall be brought to the notice of the Executive Council and the views of the Executive Council, if any, on such observation shall be submitted to the Visitor.
(4) A copy of the annual accounts together with the audit report as submitted to the Visitor shall also be submitted to the Central Government who shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.
(5) The audited annual accounts after having been laid before both Houses of Parliament shall be published in the Gazette of India.
Title: Conditions of service of employees
(1) Every employee of the University shall be appointed under a written contract which shall be lodged with the University and a copy of which shall be furnished to the employee concerned.
(2) Any dispute arising out of the contract between the University and any employee shall, at the request of the employee, be referred to a Tribunal of Arbitration consisting of one member appointed by the Executive Council, one member nominated by the employee and an umpire appointed by the Visitor.
(3) The decision of the Tribunal shall be final and no suit shall lie in any civil court in respect of the matters decided by the Tribunal.
(4) Every request made by the employee under sub-section (2) shall be deemed to be a submission to arbitration upon the terms of this section within the meaning of the Arbitration Act, 1940 (10 of 1940).
(5) The procedure for regulating the work of the Tribunal shall be prescribed by the Statutes.