Section 14 in The Lalit Kala Akadami (Taking Over of Management) Act, 1997
Title: Power to terminate contract of employment
If the Administrator is of opinion that any contract of employment entered into by the society in relation to its management, at any time before the commencement of this Act, is unduly onerous, he may, by giving to the employee one month's notice in writing or the salary or wages for one month in lieu thereof, terminate such contract of employment.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) Every rule made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament while it is session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or bothHouses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) The Lalit Kala Akadami (Taking Over of Management) Ordinance, 1997 (Ord. 10 of 1997) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the Lalit Kala Akadami (Taking Over of Management) Ordinance, 1997 (Ord. 10 of 1997), anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Maulana Azad National Urdu University Act, 1996.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
1. 9th January, 1998, vide notification No. S.O 1(E), dated 1st January, 1998, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
In this Act, and the Statutes made hereunder, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Academic Council" means the Academic Council of the University;
(b) "academic staff" means such categories of staff as are designated as academic staff by the Ordinances;
(c) "Board of Studies" means the Board of Studies of the University;
(d) "Chancellor", "Vice-Chancellor" and "Pro-Vice-Chancellor" mean, respectively, the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor and Pro-Vice Chancellor of the University;
(e) "Court" means the Court of the University;
(f) "Department" means a Department of Studies; and includes a Centre of Studies;
(g) "distance education system" means the system of imparting education through any means of communication such as broadcasting, telecasting, correspondence courses, seminars, contact programmes or the combination of any two or more of such means;
(h) "employee" means any person appointed by the University and includes teachers and other staff of the University;
(i) "Executive Council" means the Executive Council of the University;
(j) "Finance Committee" means the Finance Committee of the University;
(k) "Hall" means a unit of residence or of corporate life for the students of the University, or of an Institution, maintained by the University;
(l) "Institution" means an academic institution maintained by the University;
(m) "recognised Institution" means an institution of higher learning recognised by the University;
(n) "Regulations" means the Regulations made by any authority of the University under this Act for the time being force;
(o) "School" means a school of Studies of the University;
(p) "Statutes" and "Ordinances" mean, respectively, the Statutes and Ordinances of the University for the time being in force;
(q) "Teachers of the University" means Professors, Readers, Lecturers and such other persons as may be appointed for imparting instruction or conducting research in the University or in any Institution maintained by the University and who are designated as teachers by the Ordinances;
(r) "University" means the Maulana Azad National Urdu University established and incorporated as a University under this Act.