Section 11 in The Lalit Kala Akadami (Taking Over of Management) Act, 1997
Title: Act to have overriding effect
The provisions of this Act or any notification, order or rule made thereunder shall have effect notwithstanding anything inconsistent therewith contained in any law other than this Act or in any instrument having effect by virtue of any law other than this Act or in any decree or order of any court.
Title: Protection of action taken in good faith
(1) No suit, prosecution or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Administrator or any officer of the Central Government or any other person for anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act.
(2) No Suit or other legal proceeding shall lie against the Central Government or the Administrator or any officer of the Central Government or any other person for any damage caused or likely to be caused by anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done under this Act.
Title: Contracts in bad faith may be cancelled or varied.
(1) If the Central Government is satisfied, after such inquiry as it may think fit, that any contract or agreement entered into at any time within one year immediately preceding the commencement of this Act, between the society and any other person, in so far as such contract or agreement relates to the management of the society, has been entered into in bad faith, or is detrimental to the interests of the society, it may make an order cancelling or varying (either unconditionally or subject to such conditions as it may think fit to impose) such contract or agreement and thereafter the contract or agreement shall have effect accordingly:
Provided that no contract or agreement shall be cancelled or varied except after giving to the parties to the contract or agreement a reasonable opportunity of being heard.
(2) Any person aggrieved by an order under sub-section (1) may make an application to the High Court at Delhi for the variation or reversal of such order and thereupon such court may confirm, modify or reverse such order.
Title: Power to terminate contract of employment
If the Administrator is of opinion that any contract of employment entered into by the society in relation to its management, at any time before the commencement of this Act, is unduly onerous, he may, by giving to the employee one month's notice in writing or the salary or wages for one month in lieu thereof, terminate such contract of employment.
Title: Power to make rules
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
(2) Every rule made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament while it is session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or bothHouses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.