Section 5 in The Lalit Kala Akadami (Taking Over of Management) Act, 1997
Title: No right to compensation for premature termination of a contract
Notwithstanding anything contained in any law for the time being in force, no person in respect of whom any contract of management or other arrangement is terminated by reason of the provisions contained in sub-section (3) of section 3 or who ceases to hold any office by reason of the provisions contained in sub-section (4) of that section, shall be entitled to claim any compensation for the premature termination of the contract of administration or other arrangement or for the loss of his office.
Title: Relinquishment of administration of the society
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1) ofsection 3, if, at any time before the expiry of the period referred to in that sub-section, it appears to the Central Government that the purposes of the vesting of the management of the society in that Government have been fulfilled or that for any other reason it is not necessary that the management of the society should remain vested in that Government, it may, by order published in the Official Gazette, relinquish the management of the society with effect from such date as may be specified in the order.
(2) On and from the date specified under sub-section (1), the administration of the society shall vest in the General Council of the society and such management shall be carried on in accordance with the provisions of the Societies Registration Act so, however, that the steps, if any, in relation to the management of the society may be taken after the publication of the order under sub-section (1).
Title: Application of Act 21 of 1860
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in the Societies Registration Act or in the memorandum and rules and regulations of the society, but subject to the provisions of sub-section (2) of section 6, so long as the management of the society remains vested in the Central Government.—
(a) it shall not be lawful for the members of the society or any other person to nominate or appoint any person to be a member of the General Council of the society;
(b) no resolution passed at any meeting of the members of the society or at any meeting of the General Council of the society, on or after the commencement of this Act, shall be given effect to unless approved by the Central Government;
(c) no proceeding for the dissolution of the society or for the merger with any other society or for the appointment of a Receiver in respect of its administration shall lie in any court except with the consent of the Central Government.
(2) Subject to the provisions contained in sub-section (1) and subject to such other exceptions, restrictions and limitations, if any, as may be prescribed, the Societies Registration Act shall continue to apply to the society in the same manner as it applied thereto before the commencement of this Act.
Any person who,--
(a) having in his possession or custody or under his control any property forming part of the society, wrongfully withholds such property from the Administrator or any person authorised under this Act, or
(b) wrongfully obtains possession of any such property, or
(c) wilfully retains, or fails to deliver, any property forming part of the society or removes or destroys it, or
(d) wilfully withholds or fails to account for any books, papers, works of art or other documents which may be in his possession or custody or under his control to the Administrator or any person authorised under this Act, or
(e) fails, without any reasonable cause, to furnish information or particulars as provided in sub-section (6) of section 4,
shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees, or with both.
Title: Offences by companies
(1) Where an offence under this Act has been committed by a company, every person who at the time the offence was committed was in charge of, and was responsible to, the company for the conduct of the business of the company as well as the company, shall be deemed to be guilty of the offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly
Provided that nothing contained in this section shall render any such person liable to any punishment if he proves that the offence was committed without his knowledge or that he had exercised all due diligence to prevent the commission of such offence.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), where any offence under this Act has been committed by a company and it is proved that the offence has been committed with the consent or connivance of, or is attributable to, any neglect on the part of any director, manager, secretary or other officer of the company, such director, manager, secretary or other officer shall be deemed to be guilty of that offence and shall be liable to be proceeded against and punished accordingly.
Explanation.--For the purposes of this section,--
(a) "company" means any body corporate and includes a firm or other association of individuals; and
(b) "director", in relation to a firm, means a partner in the firm.