Section 29 in The Depositories Act, 1996
Title: Removal of difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no order shall be made under this section after the expiry of a period of two years from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament.
[Amendments to certain enactments.] Rep. by the Repealing and Amending Act, 2001 (30 of 2001), s. 2 and the First Schedule (w.e.f. 3-9-2001).
Title: Validation of certain acts
1[30A. Validation of certain acts.-- Any act or thing done or purporting to have been done under the principal Act, in respect of settlement of administrative and civil proceedings, shall, for all purposes, be deemed to be valid and effective as if the amendments made to the principal Act had been in force at all material times.]
1. Ins. by Act 27 of 2014, s. 56 (w.e.f. 18-7-2013).
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) The Depositories (Third) Ordinance, 1996 (Ord. 28 of 1996) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title, extent, commencement and application
(1) This Act may be called the Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1996.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 1st day of March, 1996.
(4) It applies to every establishment which employs, or had employed on any day of the preceding twelve months, ten or more building workers in any building or other construction work.
Explanation.--For the purposes of this sub-section, the building workers employed in different relays in a day either by the employer or the contractor shall be taken into account in computing the number of building workers employed in the establishment.