Section 16 in The Textile Undertakings (Nationalisation) Act, 1995
Title: Transfer of employees to a subsidiary textile corporation
Where any textile undertaking or any part thereof is transferred under this Act to a subsidiary textile corporation, every person referred to in sub-section (1) and sub-section (2), of section 14 shall, on and from the date of such transfer, become an employee of the subsidiary textile corporation, and the provisions of sections 14 and 15 shall apply to such employee as they apply to an employee of the National Textile Corporation as if references in the said sections to the National Textile Corporation were references to the subsidiary textile corporation.
Title: Appointment of Commissioners of Payments
(1) For the purpose of disbursing the amounts payable to the owner of each textile undertaking, the Central Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette,--
(a) appoint such number of persons as it may think fit to be Commissioners of Payments; and
(b) define the local limits within which the Commissioners of Payments shall exercise the powers conferred, and perform the duties imposed, on them by or under this Act.
(2) The Central Government may appoint such other persons at it may think fit to assist the Commissioner and thereupon the Commissioner may authorise one or more of such persons also to exercise all or any of the powers exercisable by him under this Act, and different persons may be authorised to exercise different powers.
(3) Any person authorised by the Commissioner to exercise any powers may exercise those powers in the same manner and with the same effect as if they have been conferred on that person directly by this Act and not by way of authorisation.
(4) The salaries and allowances of the Commissioner and other persons appointed under this section shall be defrayed out of the Consolidated Fund of India.
(5) References in this Act to the Commissioner shall, where more than one Commissioner has been appointed, be construed as references to the Commissioner in relation to the textile undertaking within the local limits of the jurisdiction specified under clause (b) of sub-section (1).
Title: Payment by the Central Government to the Commissioner
(1) The Central Government shall, within thirty days from the specified date, pay in cash to the Commissioner, for payment to the owner of a textile undertaking, an amount equal to the amount specified against the textile undertaking in the First Schedule and shall also pay to the Commissioner such sums as may be due to the owner of a textile undertaking under sub-sections (1) and (2) of section 9.
(2) In relation to the textile undertakings, the management of which was taken over by the Central Government under the Textile Undertakings (Taking Over of Management) Act, 1983 (40 of 1983), there shall be paid by the Central Government in addition to the amount referred to in sub-section (1), to the Commissioner, in cash, such amount payable under section 5 of that Act as remains unpaid in relation to the period commencing on the date on which such management was taken over by the Central Government and ending on the appointed day.
(3) In relation to the textile undertakings, the management of which was taken over by the Central Government under the Laxmirattan and Atherton West Cotton Mills (Taking Over of Management) Act, 1976 (98 of 1976), there shall be paid by the Central Government [in addition to the amount referred to in sub-section (1)], to the Commissioner, in cash, such amount payable under section 5of that Act as remains unpaid in relation to the period commencing on the date on which such management was taken over by the Central Government and ending on the appointed day.
(4) A deposit account shall be opened by the Central Government, in favour of the Commissioner, in the Public Account of India, and every amount paid under this Act to the Commissioner shall be deposited by him to the credit of the said deposit account in the Public Account of India, and thereafter the said deposit account shall be operated by the Commissioner.
(5) Separate records shall be maintained by the Commissioner in respect of each textile undertaking in relation to which payments have been made to him under this Act.
(6) Interest accruing on the amounts standing to the credit of the deposit account referred to in sub-section (4) shall inure to the benefit of the owners of the textile undertakings.
Title: Certain powers of the National Textile Corporation
(1) The National Textile Corporation shall be entitled to receive, up to the specified date, to the exclusion of all other persons, any money due to the textile undertaking,realised after the appointed day, notwithstanding that the realisations pertain to a period prior to the appointed day.
(2) The National Textile Corporation may make a claim to the Commissioner with regard to every payment made by the Custodian after the appointed day but before the date on which the Textile Undertakings (Nationalisation) Ordinance, 1995 (Ord. 6 of 1995) was promulgated for discharging any liability of the owner of textile undertaking in relation to any period prior to the appointed day, and every such claim shall have priority, in accordance with the priorities attaching, under this Act, to the matter in relation to which such liability has been discharged by the Custodian.
(3) Save as otherwise provided in this Act, the liabilities in relation to a textile undertaking in respect of any period prior to the appointed day which have not been discharged by the Custodian shall be the liabilities of the owner of that textile undertaking.
Title: Claims to be made to the Commissioner
Every person having a claim against the owner of a textile undertaking shall prefer such claim before the Commissioner within thirty days from the specified date:
Provided that if the Commissioner is satisfied that the claimant was prevented by sufficient cause from preferring the claim within the said period of thirty days, he may entertain the claim within a further period of thirty days but not thereafter.