Section 5 in The Technology Development Board Act, 1995
Title: Committees of the Board
(1) Subject to the rules made in this behalf, the Board may appoint such committees as may be necessary for the efficient discharge of its duties and performance of its functions under this Act.
(2) The Board shall have the power to co-opt as members of any committee appointed under subsection (1), such number of persons who are not members of the Board as it may think fit, and the person so co-opted shall have the right to attend the meetings of the committee, and take part in the proceedings of the committee, but shall not have the right to vote.
Title: Functions of the Board
The Board may—
(a) provide equity capital, subject to such conditions as may be determind by regulations, or any other financial assistance to industrial concerns and other agencies attempting commercial application of indigenous technology or adapting imported technology to wider domestic applications;
(b) provide financial assistance to such research and development institutions engaged in developing indigenous technology or adaptation of imported technology for commercial application, as may be recognised by the Central Government;
(c) perform such other functions as may be entrusted to it by the Central Government.
Title: Application for grant of financial assistance, etc
(1) An application for grant of financial assistance for the purposes mentioned under section 6 shall be made to the Board in such form as may be prescribed.
(2) The Board may, after examining the application and after making such enquiries as it deems necessary by order in writing, either grant the financial assistance or refuse to grant the same:
Provided that no refusal of grant shall be made unless an opportunity is given to the applicant of being heard.
Title: Grants and loans by the Central Government
The Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law, in this behalf, make to the Board grants and loans of such sums of money as that Government may consider necessary.
Title: Fund for Technology Development and Application
(1) There shall be constituted a Fund to be called the Fund for Technology Development and Application and there shall be credited to the Fund—
(a) any grants and loans made to the Board by the Central Government under section 8;
(b) all sums received by the Board from any other source;
(c) recoveries made of the amounts granted from the Fund; and
(d) any income from investment of the amount of the Fund.
(2) The Fund shall be applied for meeting—
(a) expenses on the objects and for the purposes authorised by this Act;
(b) salaries, allowances and other expenses of officers and other employees of the Board; and
(c) expenses of the Board in the discharge of its functions under this Act.