Section 9 in The Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995
Title: Use of standard equipment in cable television network
No cable operator shall, on and from the date of the expiry of a period of three years from the date of the establishment and publication of the Indian Standard by the Bureau of Indian Standards in accordance with the provisions of the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986 (63 of 1986), use any 1[equipment or digital addressable system] in his cable television network unless such 1[equipment or digital addressable system] conforms to the said Indian Standard.
2* * * * *
1. Subs. by Act 21 of 2011 s. 7, for "equipment" (w.e.f.25-10-2011).
2. The proviso omitted by s. 7, ibid. (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).
Title: Cable television network not to interfere with any telecommunication system
Every cable operator shall ensure that the cable television network being operated by him does not interfere, in any way, with the functioning of the authorised telecommunication systems 1[and is in conformity with such standards relating to interference as may be prescribed by the Central Government].
1. Ins. by s. 8, ibid. (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).
Title: Inspection of cable network and services
1[10A. Inspection of cable network and services.--(1) Without prejudice to the provisions contained in the Indian Telegraph Act, 1885 (13 of 1885) or any other law for the time being in force, the Central Government or its officers authorised by it or authorised agency shall have the right to inspect the cable network and services.
(2) No prior permission or intimation shall be required to exercise the right of the Central Government or its authorised representatives to carry out such inspection.
(3) The inspection shall ordinarily be carried out after giving reasonable notice except in circumstances where giving of such a notice shall defeat the purpose of the inspection.
(4) On being so directed by the Central Government or its authorised officers oragency so authorised by it, the cable operator shall provide the necessary equipment, services and facilities at designated place or places for lawful interception or continuous monitoring of the cable service at its own cost by or under the supervision of the Central Government or its officers or agency so authorised by it].
1. Ins. by s. 9, ibid. (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).
Title: Power to seize equipment used for operating cable television network
1[11. Power to seize equipment used for operating cable television network.--If any authorised officer has reason to believe that the provisions of section 3, section 4A, section 5,section 6, section 8, section 9 or section 10 have been or are being contravened by any cable operator, he may seize the equipment being used by such cable operator for operating the cable television network:
Provided that the seizure of equipment in case of contravention of sections 5 and 6 shall be limited to the programming service provided on the channel generated at the level of the cable operator.]
1. Subs. by s. 10, ibid.,for section 11 (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).
The equipment seized under sub-section (1) of section 11 shall be liable to confiscation unless the cable operator from whom the equipment has been seized registers himself as a cable operator under section 4 within a period of thirty days from the date of seizure of the said equipment.