Section 7 in The Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995
Title: Maintenance of register
Every cable operator shall maintain a register in the prescribed form indicating therein in brief the programmes transmitted or re-transmitted through the cable service during a month and such register shall be maintained by the cable operator for a period of one year after the actual transmission or re-transmission of the said programmes.
Title: Compulsory transmission of certain channels
1[8. Compulsory transmission of certain channels. (1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify the names of Doordarshan channels or the channels operated by or on behalf of Parliament, to be mandatorily carried by the cable operators in their cable service and the manner of reception and re-transmission of such channels
Provided that in areas where digital addressable system has not been introduced in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1) of section 4A, the notification as regards the prime band is concerned shall be limited to the carriage of two Doordarshan terrestrial channels and one regional language channel of the State in which the network of the cable operator is located.
(2) The channels referred to in sub-section (1) shall be re-transmitted without any deletion or alteration of any programme transmitted on such channels.
(3) Notwithstanding the provisions of sub-section (1), any notification issued by the Central Government or the Prasar Bharti (Broadcasting Corporation of India) in pursuance of the provisions of sub-section (1), prior to the 25th day of October, 2011 shall continue to remain in force till such notifications are rescinded or amended, as the case may be.]
1. Subs. by Act 21 of 2011, s. 6, for section 8 (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).
Title: Use of standard equipment in cable television network
No cable operator shall, on and from the date of the expiry of a period of three years from the date of the establishment and publication of the Indian Standard by the Bureau of Indian Standards in accordance with the provisions of the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986 (63 of 1986), use any 1[equipment or digital addressable system] in his cable television network unless such 1[equipment or digital addressable system] conforms to the said Indian Standard.
2* * * * *
1. Subs. by Act 21 of 2011 s. 7, for "equipment" (w.e.f.25-10-2011).
2. The proviso omitted by s. 7, ibid. (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).
Title: Cable television network not to interfere with any telecommunication system
Every cable operator shall ensure that the cable television network being operated by him does not interfere, in any way, with the functioning of the authorised telecommunication systems 1[and is in conformity with such standards relating to interference as may be prescribed by the Central Government].
1. Ins. by s. 8, ibid. (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).
Title: Inspection of cable network and services
1[10A. Inspection of cable network and services.--(1) Without prejudice to the provisions contained in the Indian Telegraph Act, 1885 (13 of 1885) or any other law for the time being in force, the Central Government or its officers authorised by it or authorised agency shall have the right to inspect the cable network and services.
(2) No prior permission or intimation shall be required to exercise the right of the Central Government or its authorised representatives to carry out such inspection.
(3) The inspection shall ordinarily be carried out after giving reasonable notice except in circumstances where giving of such a notice shall defeat the purpose of the inspection.
(4) On being so directed by the Central Government or its authorised officers oragency so authorised by it, the cable operator shall provide the necessary equipment, services and facilities at designated place or places for lawful interception or continuous monitoring of the cable service at its own cost by or under the supervision of the Central Government or its officers or agency so authorised by it].
1. Ins. by s. 9, ibid. (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).