Section 44 in The Airports Authority of India Act, 1994
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by general or special order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for the removal of the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiration of one year from the commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under sub-section (1) shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the order or both Houses agree that the order should not be made, the order shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that order.
[Amendment of Act 22 of 1934.].--Rep. by Repealing and Amending Act, 2001 (30 of 2001), s. 2 and the First Schedule (w.e.f. 3-11-2001).
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) On and from the appointed date,--
(i) the International Airports Authority Act, 1971 (43 of 1971) and the National Airports Authority Act, 1985 (64 of 1985) shall stand repealed;
(ii) the International Airports Authority and the National Airports Authority constituted under the aforesaid Acts shall cease to exist.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken or purported to have been done or taken under the aforesaid Acts so repealed shall, in so far as it is not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act, be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title, extent and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995.
(2) It extends to the whole of India.
(3) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 29th day of September, 1994.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,--
1[(a) "authorised officer" means, within his local limits of jurisdiction,--
(i) a District Magistrate, or
(ii) a Sub-divisional Magistrate, or
(iii) a Commissioner of Police,
and includes any other officer notified in the Official Gazette, by the Central Government or the State Government, to be an authorised officer for such local limits of jurisdiction as may be determined by that Government;]
2[(ai) "Authority" means the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India established under sub-section (1) of section 3 of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India Act, 1997 (24 of 1997);
(aii) "Broadcaster" means a person or a group of persons, or body corporate, or any organisation or body providing programming services and includes his or its authorised distribution agencies;
(aiii) "cable operator" means any person who provides cable service through a cable television network or otherwise controls or is responsible for the management and operation of a cable television network and fulfils the prescribed eligibility criteria and conditions;]
(b) "cable service" means the transmission by cables of programmes including re-transmission by cables of any broadcast television signals;
(c) "cable television network" means any system consisting of a set of closed transmission paths and associated signal generation, control and distribution equipment, designed to provide cable service for reception by multiple subscribers;
(d) "company" means a company as defined in section 3 of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956);
(e) "person" means—
(i) an individual who is a citizen of India;
(ii) an association of individuals or body of individuals, whether incorporated or not, whose members are citizens of India;
3[(iii) a company as defined in section 3 of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956);]
4[(ei) "post" means a post and includes a pole, tower, standard, stay, strut, cabinet, pillar or any above ground contrivance for carrying, suspending or supporting any network infrastructure facility;]
(f) "prescribed" means prescribed by rules made under this Act;
(g) "programme" means any television broadcast and includes—
(i) exhibition of films, features, dramas, advertisements and serials 5***;
(ii) any audio or visual or audio-visual live performance or presentation,
and the expression programming service shall be construed accordingly;
4[(gi) "public authority" means any authority, body or institution of local self-government
constituted or established by or under—
(i) the Constitution of India;
(ii) any law made by Parliament;
(iii) any law made by a State Legislature;
(iv) any notification issued or order made by the appropriate Government,
and includes any—
(v) body owned, controlled or substantially financed; or
(vi) non-governmental organisation substantially financed,
directly or indirectly by funds provided by the appropriate Government;]
(h) "registering authority" means such authority as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify to perform the functions of the registering authority under this Act 4[within such local limits of jurisdiction as may be determined by that Government];
(i) "subscriber" means 6[any individual, or association of individuals, or a company, or any other organisation or body]who receives the signals of cable television network at a place 7[indicated by him or it] to the cable operator, without further transmitting it to any other person.
1. Ins. by Act 36 of 2000, s. 2 (w.e.f. 1-9-2000).
2. Subs. by Act 21 of 2011, s. 2, for clause (aa) (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).
3. Subs. by Act 21 of 2011, s. 2, for sub-clause (iii) (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).
4. Ins. by s. 2, ibid. (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).
5. The words "through video cassette recorders or video cassette players" omitted by s. 2, ibid. (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).
6. Subs. by s. 2, ibid., for "a person" (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).
7. Subs. by s. 2, ibid., for "indicated by him" (w.e.f. 25-10-2011).