Section 6 in The Airports Authority of India Act, 1994
Title: Vacation of office of member
The Central Government shall remove a member if he—
(a) becomes subject to any of the disqualifications mentioned in section 4:
Provided that no member shall be removed on the ground that he has become subject to the disqualification mentioned in clause (e) of that section, unless he has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in the matter; or
(b) refuses to act or becomes incapable of acting; or
(c) is, without obtaining leave of absence from the Authority, absent from three consecutive meetings of the Authority; or
(d) in the opinion of the Central Government, has so abused his position as to render his continuance in office detrimental to the public interest:
Provided that no member shall be removed under this clause unless he has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in the matter.
Title: Eligibility of member for re-appointment
Any person ceasing to be a member shall, unless disqualified under section 4, be eligible for re-appointment.
(1) The Authority shall meet at such times and places, and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of the business at its meetings (including the quorum at such meetings) as may be provided by regulations.
(2) The Chairperson, or, if for any reason he is unable to attend any meeting of the Authority, any other member chosen by the members present at the meeting shall preside at the meeting.
(3) All questions which come up before any meeting of the Authority shall be decided by a majority of the votes of the members present and voting, and, in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson, or in his absence, the person presiding, shall have and exercise a second or casting vote.
Title: Vacancies, etc., not to invalidate proceedings of the Authority
No act or proceeding of the Authority shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Authority; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person acting as a member of the Authority; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the Authority not affecting the merits of the case
Title: Appointment of officers and other employees of the Authority
(1) For the purpose of enabling it efficiently to discharge its functions under this Act, the Authority shall, subject to the provisions of section 18 and to such rules as may be made in this behalf, appoint (whether on deputation or otherwise) such number of officers and other employees as it may consider necessary:
Provided that the appointment of such category of officers, as may be specified after consultation with the Chairperson in such rules, shall be subject to the approval of the Central Government.
(2) Subject to the provisions of section 18, every officer or other employee appointed by the Authority shall be subject to such conditions of service and shall be entitled to such remuneration as may be determined by regulations.