Section 5 in The Airports Authority of India Act, 1994
Title: Term of office and conditions of service of members
(1) Subject to the provisions of section 6,--
(i) every whole-time member (other than the ex officio member) shall hold office for a period of five years from the date on which he assumes office or till he attains the age of sixty years, whichever is earlier, and
(ii) every part-time member (other than the ex officio member) shall hold office for a period of three years from the date on which he assumes office:
Provided that the Central Government may—
(a) terminate the appointment of any whole-time member, who is not a servant of the Government, after giving him notice for a period of not less than three months or, in lieu thereof, on payment of an amount equal to his salary and allowances, if any, for a period of three months;
(b) terminate the appointment of any part-time member who is not a servant of the Government after giving him notice for such period as may be prescribed; and
(c) terminate at any time the appointment of any member who is a servant of the Government.
(2) The other conditions of service of the members shall be such as may be prescribed.
(3) Any member may resign his office by giving notice in writing for such period as may be prescribed, to the Central Government and, on such resignation being notified in the Official Gazette by the Government, such member shall be deemed to have vacated his office.
Title: Vacation of office of member
The Central Government shall remove a member if he—
(a) becomes subject to any of the disqualifications mentioned in section 4:
Provided that no member shall be removed on the ground that he has become subject to the disqualification mentioned in clause (e) of that section, unless he has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in the matter; or
(b) refuses to act or becomes incapable of acting; or
(c) is, without obtaining leave of absence from the Authority, absent from three consecutive meetings of the Authority; or
(d) in the opinion of the Central Government, has so abused his position as to render his continuance in office detrimental to the public interest:
Provided that no member shall be removed under this clause unless he has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in the matter.
Title: Eligibility of member for re-appointment
Any person ceasing to be a member shall, unless disqualified under section 4, be eligible for re-appointment.
(1) The Authority shall meet at such times and places, and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of the business at its meetings (including the quorum at such meetings) as may be provided by regulations.
(2) The Chairperson, or, if for any reason he is unable to attend any meeting of the Authority, any other member chosen by the members present at the meeting shall preside at the meeting.
(3) All questions which come up before any meeting of the Authority shall be decided by a majority of the votes of the members present and voting, and, in the event of an equality of votes, the Chairperson, or in his absence, the person presiding, shall have and exercise a second or casting vote.
Title: Vacancies, etc., not to invalidate proceedings of the Authority
No act or proceeding of the Authority shall be invalid merely by reason of—
(a) any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Authority; or
(b) any defect in the appointment of a person acting as a member of the Authority; or
(c) any irregularity in the procedure of the Authority not affecting the merits of the case