Section 40B in The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
Title: Power of Commission to make regulations
1[40B. Power of Commission to make regulations.—(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder, the Commission may, with the previous approval of the Central Government, by notification, make regulations to carry out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such regulations may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) the procedure to be followed by the Commission under sub-section (2) of section 10;
(b) the returns and statistics to be furnished by the State Commissions;
(c) any other matter which has to be, or may be, specified by regulations.
(3) Every regulation made by the Commission under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the regulation or both Houses agree that the regulation should not be made, the regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that regulation.]
1. Ins. by Act 43 of 2006, s. 18 (w.e.f. 23-11-2006).
Title: Power of State Government to make rules
(1) The State Government may, by notification, make rules to carry out the provisions of this Act.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:—
(a) the salaries and allowances and other terms and conditions of service of 1[the Chairperson and Members] under section 26;
(b) the conditions subject to which other administrative, technical and scientific staff may be appointed by the State Commission and the salaries and allowances of officers and other staff under sub-section (3) of section 27;
(c) the form in which the annual statement of accounts is to be prepared under sub-section (1) of section 35.
(3) Every rule made by the State Government under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of the State Legislature where it consists of two Houses, or where such Legislature consists of one House, before that House.
1. Subs. Act 43 of 2006, s. 19, for "the Members" (w.e.f. 23-11-2006)
Title: Power to remove difficulties
(1) If any difficulty arises in giving effect to the provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by order published in the Official Gazette, make such provisions, not inconsistent with the provisions of this Act as appear to it to be necessary or expedient for removing the difficulty:
Provided that no such order shall be made after the expiry of the period of two years from the date of commencement of this Act.
(2) Every order made under this section shall, as soon as may be after it is made, be laid before each House of Parliament.
Title: Repeal and savings
(1) The Protection of Human Rights Ordinance, 1993 (Ord. 30 of 1993) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title, application and commencement
This Act may be called the Transplantation of 1[Human Organs and Tissues] Act, 1994.
(2) It applies, in the first instance, to the whole of the States of Goa, Himachal Pradesh and Maharashtra and to all the Union territories and it shall also apply to such other State which adopts this Act by resolution passed in that behalf under clause (1) of article 252 of the Constitution.
(3) It shall come into force in the States of Goa, Himachal Pradesh and Maharashtra and in all the Union territories on such date2 as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint and in any other State which adopts this Act under clause (1) of article 252 of the Constitution, on the date of such adoption; and any reference in this Act to the commencement of this Act shall, in relation to any State or Union territory, means the date on which this Act comes into force in such State or Union territory
1 Subs. by s. 3, ibid., for "Human Organs" (w.e.f. 10-1-2014).
2 4th February, 1995, vide Notification No. S.O. 80(E), dated the 4th February, 1995, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
Extended to the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union territory of Ladakh by Act 34 of 2019, s. 95 and the Fifth Schedule (w.e.f. 31-10-2019).