Section 25 in The Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University Act, 1994
Title: Power to make Statutes
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the constitution, powers and functions of the authorities and other bodies of the University, as may be constituted from time to time;
(b) the election and continuance in office of the members of the said authorities and bodies, the filling up of vacancies of members, and all other matters relating to those authorities and other bodies for which it may be necessary or desirable to provide;
(c) the appointment, powers and duties of the officers of the University and their emoluments;
(d) the appointment of teachers, academic staff and other employees of the University, their emoluments and other conditions of service;
(e) the appointment of teachers, academic staff working in any other University or organisation for a specific period for undertaking a joint project;
(f) the conditions of service of employees including provision for pension, insurance and provident fund, the manner of termination of service and disciplinary action;
(g) the principles governing the seniority of service of the employees or students and the University;
(h) the procedure for arbitration in cases of dispute between employees or students and the University;
(i) the procedure for appeal to the Board of Management by any employee or student against the action of any officer or authority of the University;
(j) the conferment of autonomous status on a College or an Institution or a Department;
(k) the establishment and abolition of Schools, Departments, Centres, Halls, Colleges and Institutions;
(l) the conferment of honorary degrees;
(m) the withdrawal of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions;
(n) the institution of fellowships, scholarships, studentships, medals and prizes;
(o) the delegation of powers vested in the authorities or officers of the University;
(p) the maintenance of the discipline among the employees and students;
(q) all other matters which by this Act are to be or may be provided for by the Statutes.
Title: Statutes how to be made
(1) The first Statutes are those set out in the Second Schedule.
(2) The Board of Management may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1):
Provided that the Board of Management shall not make, amend or repeal any Statutes affecting the status, powers or constitution of any authority of the University until such authority has been given an opportunity of expressing an opinion in writing on the proposed changes, and any opinion so expressed shall be considered by the Board of Management.
(3) Every new Statutes or addition to the Statutes or any amendment or repeal of a Statute shall require the assent of the Visitor who may assent thereto or withhold assent or remit to the Board of Management for reconsideration.
(4) A new Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Visitor, in exceptional circumstances, may direct the University to make provisions in the Statutes in respect of any matter specified by him and if the Board of Management is unable to implement such direction within sixty days of its receipt, the Visitor may, after considering the reasons, if any, communicated by the Board of Management for its inability to comply with such direction, make or amend the Statutes suitably.
Title: Power to make Ordinances
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and the Statutes, the Ordinances may provide for all or any of the following matters namely:--
(a) the admission of students to the University and their enrolment as such;
(b) the courses of study to be laid down for all degrees, diplomas and certificates of the University;
(c) the medium of instruction and examination;
(d) the award of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions, the qualifications for the same and the means to be taken relating to the granting and obtaining of the same;
(e) the fees to be charged for courses of study in the University and for admission to the examinations, degrees and diplomas of the University;
(f) the conditions for award of fellowships, scholarships, studentships, medals and prizes;
(g) the conduct of examinations, including the term of office and manner of appointment and the duties of examining bodies, examiners and moderators;
(h) the conditions of residence of the students of the University;
(i) the special arrangements, if any, which may be made for the residence, discipline and teaching of women students and the prescribing of special courses of studies for them;
(j) the appointments and emoluments of employees other than those for whom provision has been made in the Statutes;
(k) the establishment of Centres of Studies, Boards of Studies, Special Centres, Specialised Laboratories and other Committees;
(l) the manner of co-operation and collaboration with other Universities and authorities including learned bodies or associations;
(m) the creation, composition and functions of any other body which is considered necessary for improving the academic life of the University;
(n) such other terms and conditions of service of teachers and other academic staff as are not prescribed by the Statutes;
(o) the management of Colleges and Institutions established by the University;
(p) the setting up of a machinery for redressal of grievances of employees; and
(q) all other matters which by this Act or the Statutes may be provided for by the Ordinances.
(2) The first Ordinances shall be made by the Vice-Chancellor with the previous approval of the Central Government and the Ordinances so made may be amended, repealed or added to at any time by the Board of Management in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
The authorities of the University may make Regulations, consistent with this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances for the conduct of their own business and that of the Committees, if any, appointed by them and not provided for by this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances, in the manner prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Annual report
(1) The annual report of the University shall be prepared under the direction of the Board of Management, which shall include, among other matters, the steps taken by the University towards the fulfilment of its objects.
(2) The annual report so prepared shall be submitted to the Visitor on or before such date as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(3) A copy of the annual report as prepared under sub-section (1), shall also be submitted to the Central Government, which shall, as soon as may be, cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.