Section 22 in The Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University Act, 1994
Title: The Boards of Schools
The constitution, powers and functions of the Boards of Schools shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: The Finance Committee
The constitution, powers and functions of the Finance Committee shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Other authorities of the University
The constitution, powers and functions of other authorities, as may be declared by the Statutes to be the authorities of the University, shall be prescribed by the Statutes.
Title: Power to make Statutes
Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:--
(a) the constitution, powers and functions of the authorities and other bodies of the University, as may be constituted from time to time;
(b) the election and continuance in office of the members of the said authorities and bodies, the filling up of vacancies of members, and all other matters relating to those authorities and other bodies for which it may be necessary or desirable to provide;
(c) the appointment, powers and duties of the officers of the University and their emoluments;
(d) the appointment of teachers, academic staff and other employees of the University, their emoluments and other conditions of service;
(e) the appointment of teachers, academic staff working in any other University or organisation for a specific period for undertaking a joint project;
(f) the conditions of service of employees including provision for pension, insurance and provident fund, the manner of termination of service and disciplinary action;
(g) the principles governing the seniority of service of the employees or students and the University;
(h) the procedure for arbitration in cases of dispute between employees or students and the University;
(i) the procedure for appeal to the Board of Management by any employee or student against the action of any officer or authority of the University;
(j) the conferment of autonomous status on a College or an Institution or a Department;
(k) the establishment and abolition of Schools, Departments, Centres, Halls, Colleges and Institutions;
(l) the conferment of honorary degrees;
(m) the withdrawal of degrees, diplomas, certificates and other academic distinctions;
(n) the institution of fellowships, scholarships, studentships, medals and prizes;
(o) the delegation of powers vested in the authorities or officers of the University;
(p) the maintenance of the discipline among the employees and students;
(q) all other matters which by this Act are to be or may be provided for by the Statutes.
Title: Statutes how to be made
(1) The first Statutes are those set out in the Second Schedule.
(2) The Board of Management may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1):
Provided that the Board of Management shall not make, amend or repeal any Statutes affecting the status, powers or constitution of any authority of the University until such authority has been given an opportunity of expressing an opinion in writing on the proposed changes, and any opinion so expressed shall be considered by the Board of Management.
(3) Every new Statutes or addition to the Statutes or any amendment or repeal of a Statute shall require the assent of the Visitor who may assent thereto or withhold assent or remit to the Board of Management for reconsideration.
(4) A new Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Visitor, in exceptional circumstances, may direct the University to make provisions in the Statutes in respect of any matter specified by him and if the Board of Management is unable to implement such direction within sixty days of its receipt, the Visitor may, after considering the reasons, if any, communicated by the Board of Management for its inability to comply with such direction, make or amend the Statutes suitably.