Section 35 in The Kalakshetra Foundation Act, 199
Title: Repeal and saving
(1) The Kalakshetra Foundation Ordinance, 1993 (Ord. 31 of 1993) is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the Ordinance so repealed, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of this Act.
Title: Short title and commencement
(1) This Act may be called the Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University Act, 1994.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint
1. 10th January 1996, vide notification No. S.O. 18(E), dated 5th January, 1996, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
In this Act, and in all Statutes made hereunder, unless the context otherwise requires,--
(a) "Academic Council" means the Academic Council of the University;
(b) "academic staff" means such categories of staff as are designated as academic staff by the Ordinances;
(c) "Board of Management" means the Board of Management of the University;
(d) "Board of Studies" means the Board of Studies of the University;
(e) "Chancellor", "Vice-Chancellor" and "Pro-Vice-Chancellor" mean, respectively, the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor and Pro-Vice-Chancellor of the University;
(f) "College" means a College maintained by the University;
(g) "Department" means a Department of Studies; and includes a Centre of Studies;
(h) "distance education system" means the system of imparting education through any means of communication, such as broadcasting, telecasting, correspondence courses, seminars, contact
(i) "employee" means any person appointed by the University; and includes teachers and other staff of the University;
(j) "Finance Committee" means the Finance Committee of the University;
(k) "Hall" means a unit of residence or of corporate life for the students of the University, or of a College or of an Institution, maintained by the University;
(l) "Institution" means an academic institution, not being a College, maintained by the University;
(m) "Planning Board" means the Planning Board of the University;
(n) "Principal" means the Head of a College or an Institution maintained by the University, and includes, where there is no Principal, the person for the time being duly appointed to act as Principal, and, in the absence of the Principal or the acting Principal, a Vice-Principal duly appointed as such;
(o) "recognised institution" means an institution of higher learning recognised by the University;
(p) "recognised teachers" means such persons as may be recognised by the University for the purpose of imparting instructions in a College or an Institution maintained by the University;
(q) "Regulations" means the Regulations made by any authority of the University under this Act for the time being in force;
(r) "School" means a School of Studies of the University;
(s) "Statutes" and "Ordinances" mean, respectively, the Statutes and Ordinances of the University for the time being in force;
(t) "teachers of the University" means Professors, Readers, Lecturers and such other persons as may be appointed for imparting instruction or conducting research in the University or in any College or Institution maintained by the University and are designated as teachers by the Ordinances;
(u) "University" means the Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University established under this Act.
Title: The University
(1) There shall be established a University by the name of "Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University".
(2) The headquarters of the University shall be at Lucknow and it may also establish campuses at such other places within its jurisdiction as it may deem fit.
(3) The first Vice-Chancellor and the first members of the Board of Management, or the Academic Council or the Planning Board and all persons who may hereafter become such officers or members, so long as they continue to hold such office or membership, are hereby constituted a body corporate by the name of "Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University".
(4) The University shall have perpetual succession and a common seal and shall sue and be sued by the said name.
Title: Objects of the University
The objects of the University shall be to promote advanced knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as it may deem fit, to make provisions for integrated courses in Science and key and frontier areas of Technology and other allied disciplines in the educational programmes of the University; to offer appropriate courses relevant for the development of socially and economically depressed sections of the people, including agricultural technology and rural crafts; to promote the study of the principles for which Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar worked during his life time, namely, national integration, social justice and democratic way of life, and also study of the Constitutions of the world to take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching-learning processes in inter-disciplinary studies and research and pay special attention to the promotion of educational and economic interests and welfare of the people in general and of members belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes in particular by providing adequate percentage of seats for the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the University shall, in organising its activities, have due regard to the objects specified in the First Schedule.